What's new

FreeNAS NTFS Mount Problem

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

evetsmd

Occasional Visitor
Using FreeNAS 0.69....setup has been all OK except for trying to mount a 300G Maxtor sata drive formatted NTFS with 250G of data already installed.

Management sees it OK and ONLINE
Services/CSFS sees it and shows it as browseable
Mount Point is my Problem - File System is set to NTFS but no matter what partition choice I select, status shows Modifying and if I hit apply changes it tells me Error-Retry.

This drive already has data on board so I am trying to just mount and share the drive on the network in the NAS box.

Any help is really appreciated.

Using FreeNAS 0.69....setup has been all OK except for trying to mount a 300G Maxtor sata drive formatted NTFS with 250G of data already installed.

Management sees it OK and ONLINE
Services/CSFS sees it and shows it as browseable
Mount Point is my Problem - File System is set to NTFS but no matter what partition choice I select, status shows Modifying and if I hit apply changes it tells me Error-Retry.

This drive already has data on board so I am trying to just mount and share the drive on the network in the NAS box.

Any help is really appreciated.

NTFS support on FreeNAS is pretty iffy, I've found. I'd suggest you first remount it on a Windows box and run a check - it's possible the volume didn't dismount cleanly.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!