What's new

[fs] - GlobalScale Espressobin Developer Board

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sfx2000

Part of the Furniture
$55USD plus shipping

This is a brand new board, not even powered up.

Going thru the closet at the my office, I stumbled on a spare EspressoBin board. We shipped eMMC equipped boards to dev and customer demos - this one does not have an eMMC, so it went on the shelf. This is related to my cafeole project earlier in the year... we used these alongside our boards for development and QA testing
  1. Note - I cannot include a copy of our BSP due to licensing agreements with my customers (and upstream NDA's)
  2. Note 2 - this board cannot be enrolled in our cafeole entitlement platform (again, because no eMMC on this board)
Specs:
  • SoC Marvell Armada 3700LP (88F3720) dual core ARM Cortex A53 processor up to 1.2GHz
  • System Memory 1 GB DDR3
  • Storage
    • 1x SATA interface
    • 1x micro SD card slot - eMMC not populated
  • Network Connectivity
    • 1x Topaz Networking Switch
      • 2x GbE Ethernet LAN
      • 1x GBe Ethernet WAN (thru Topaz)
    • 1x MiniPCIe slot for Wireless/BLE periphereals
  • USB
    • 1x USB 3.0
    • 1x USB 2.0
    • 1x micro USB port
  • Expansion 2x 46-pin GPIO headers for accessories and shields with I2C, GPIOs, PWM, UART, SPI, MMC, etc.
  • Misc Reset button, JTAG interface
Includes 12VDC 2A (120vac, 60Hz), USB-A to MicroUSB for console, etc...

Note - this is not for the inexperienced user - it's a dev board, not a hobby board like Raspberry Pi or TinkerBoard. One must be adept, or willing to learn, buildroot, uboot, etc... there are running SD card images hosted by GlobalScale - they have fairly complete Ubuntu, Debian, Yocto, and of course buildroot support. The board is supported on the OpenWRT cutting edge releases - not in Designated Driver branch.

http://wiki.espressobin.net/tiki-index.php

top_view_ESPRESSObin.png
bottom_view_ESPRESSObin.png

normally i'd jump at this but shipping to where i am would kill.
However the platform itself has a good array of features despite the weaker CPU and ram. You can also solder an emmc with the right equipment too which even i also have as theres a missing chip on the bottom which i guess is where the emmc goes.

You can also solder an emmc with the right equipment too which even i also have as theres a missing chip on the bottom which i guess is where the emmc goes.

Yep, that's exactly where the eMMC goes... for this group, not having the eMMC is a good thing

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!