What's new

[news] SolidRun GT 8K - Armada 8040 (quad A72)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sfx2000

Part of the Furniture
This is a productization of the MACCHIATObin board... it's a real beast, spent some time looking at the MACCHIATOBin dev board when I was doing my little science project based on it's little brother from GlobalScale (EspressoBin).

https://www.solid-run.com/marvell-armada-family/clearfog-gt-8k/

ClearFog-GT-8K-Overview.jpg

ClearFog GT 8K is more user friendly compared to the dev boards (both double and single shots)

Specs:
  • Marvell ARMADA A8040 quad-core Cortex ARM A72 (up to 2Ghz)
  • up to 16GB DDR4 DIMM
  • M.2 (optional support via adapter)
  • MicroSD
  • eMMC
  • 4 x 1GbE switched LAN (RJ45)
  • 1 x 1GbE WAN (RJ45)
  • 3 x mPCIe (USB 2.0 + PCIe)
  • 1 x USB 3.0
  • 1 x SFP+ (up to 10GbE)
The Marvell Armada line has always been good at a chip level - with consumers as the Linksys WRT1200/1900/3200 lines, as well as dev boards like the ClearFog and what not (think everything from Airport Extreme 802.11n on Kirkwood to Turris Omnia lines).

This is a productization of the MACCHIATObin board... it's a real beast, spent some time looking at the MACCHIATOBin dev board when I was doing my little science project based on it's little brother from GlobalScale (EspressoBin).

https://www.solid-run.com/marvell-armada-family/clearfog-gt-8k/

View attachment 13937

ClearFog GT 8K is more user friendly compared to the dev boards (both double and single shots)

Specs:
  • Marvell ARMADA A8040 quad-core Cortex ARM A72 (up to 2Ghz)
  • up to 16GB DDR4 DIMM
  • M.2 (optional support via adapter)
  • MicroSD
  • eMMC
  • 4 x 1GbE switched LAN (RJ45)
  • 1 x 1GbE WAN (RJ45)
  • 3 x mPCIe (USB 2.0 + PCIe)
  • 1 x USB 3.0
  • 1 x SFP+ (up to 10GbE)
The Marvell Armada line has always been good at a chip level - with consumers as the Linksys WRT1200/1900/3200 lines, as well as dev boards like the ClearFog and what not (think everything from Airport Extreme 802.11n on Kirkwood to Turris Omnia lines).
Looks very interesting. If it has a decent case available and gets OpenWRT support, I would not hesitate to buy one. Support for kernel 4.4 seems... old...

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!