What's new

Geforce NOW QoS

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Morris

Very Senior Member
Is "Geforce NOW QoS" Cake? The setup looks the same.

Morris

Thank you Dave,

Not as good for general use. At least that's my view

Morris

It’s an htb+fq_codel setup but has some awareness of TOS/DSCP.

Interesting. What immediately struck me was these two lines (here and here) which scan nvgfn_ch_rulelist:
Rich (BB code):
    fprintf(f, "$TFA parent 1: prio 10 protocol ip u32 match ip protocol 17 0xff match ip dport %d 0xffff flowid 1:10\n", nvfgn_GetQoSChannelPort("vedio"));
Rich (BB code):
    fprintf(f, "$TFAU parent 2: prio 10 protocol ip u32 match ip protocol 17 0xff match ip sport %d 0xffff flowid 2:10\n", nvfgn_GetQoSChannelPort("vedio"));

These appear to be typos because in nvgfn.c we can see they should be "video". I wonder how that's been effecting things.

Interesting. What immediately struck me was these two lines (here and here) which scan nvgfn_ch_rulelist:
Rich (BB code):
    fprintf(f, "$TFA parent 1: prio 10 protocol ip u32 match ip protocol 17 0xff match ip dport %d 0xffff flowid 1:10\n", nvfgn_GetQoSChannelPort("vedio"));
Rich (BB code):
    fprintf(f, "$TFAU parent 2: prio 10 protocol ip u32 match ip protocol 17 0xff match ip sport %d 0xffff flowid 2:10\n", nvfgn_GetQoSChannelPort("vedio"));

These appear to be typos because in nvgfn.c we can see they should be "video". I wonder how that's been effecting things.
Marketing can’t spell. :)

Amazing find and thread.

It’s threads like these that make me constantly return to this place.

On a GeForce Now-related note, has anyone had any success recreating this type of GFN-specific profile or behaviour on ASUS AC routers shipped without this feature?

Love,