What's new

General > Game Settings (RT-AC3100)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Vincent Clement

Occasional Visitor
Has anyone had any success with the various settings under General > Game on the RT-AC3100 (FW: 3.0.0.4.385_20631) or another router with this setting?

Gear Accelerator - Game Device Prioritizing seems to be hit and miss. Either turning it on and/ or clicking on Add seems to work and turns on Adaptive QOS, but doing anything (like clicking on Apply after adding a client) takes forever- and it consistently shows the wrong icon for devices. Every now and then, the pull down Client Name list will be empty. Clicking the ON slider will perform a full reboot the router - no warning or info is provided to that affect.

Open Nat - I've only ever been able to create one Port Forwarding rule for one game for one client one time. I can't any or add any other rules. Apparently you can only add rules for clients that are online. All my devices are assigned a static IP address by the DHCP Server but you can't select an offline client to add a rule.

I haven't tried using WTFast GPN as the previous iteration of this option kept signing itself out.

As far as I can tell, the whole Game settings is a farce - at least for me. I suppose I can do a factory reset and start from scratch - but that's a no go with only one router and my wife and I both working from home. Maybe when I get a second router I'll play around, but until then I won't be using those settings. Just seems that ASUS can do a better job describing the various options they have added and changed over the past few months to these routers.

Fancy names of common settings. Game Device Prioritizing is Traditional QoS. Turns your router into up to 200-250Mbps WAN-(W)LAN router, no more up to Gigabit. Open NAT is Port Forwarding with some games presets. WTFast is WTF as per what gamers say. You have a Gaming Router though. Not just an ordinary router. ;)

Has anyone had any success with the various settings under General > Game on the RT-AC3100 (FW: 3.0.0.4.385_20631) or another router with this setting?

Gear Accelerator - Game Device Prioritizing seems to be hit and miss. Either turning it on and/ or clicking on Add seems to work and turns on Adaptive QOS, but doing anything (like clicking on Apply after adding a client) takes forever- and it consistently shows the wrong icon for devices. Every now and then, the pull down Client Name list will be empty. Clicking the ON slider will perform a full reboot the router - no warning or info is provided to that affect.

Open Nat - I've only ever been able to create one Port Forwarding rule for one game for one client one time. I can't any or add any other rules. Apparently you can only add rules for clients that are online. All my devices are assigned a static IP address by the DHCP Server but you can't select an offline client to add a rule.

I haven't tried using WTFast GPN as the previous iteration of this option kept signing itself out.

As far as I can tell, the whole Game settings is a farce - at least for me. I suppose I can do a factory reset and start from scratch - but that's a no go with only one router and my wife and I both working from home. Maybe when I get a second router I'll play around, but until then I won't be using those settings. Just seems that ASUS can do a better job describing the various options they have added and changed over the past few months to these routers.
Just drag a bandwidth priority tag in bandwidth monitor and hit apply. It’s like QoS but without qos

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!