What's new

Scribe General: would a few people verify firmware binary locations?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I just double checked. Adding the export PATH=/sbin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:$PATH just below the shebang in a script will only affect the script itself, not even the shell your logged into.
So, it's safe for you to ditch the path and only use the binaries name for all your operations as long as you add the export PATH definition. That makes it future proof for you.
If you still want to use an Entware binary instead of the routers built in version, simply use the path to the /opt/ binary.

And I troubleshooted a bug in amtm today for hours, got deeper into the code, tried many things and became angrier the longer it took.
I had no luck.
Then during dinner a thought crossed my mind. I reverted all code back to original and changed one single thing - and the bug was no more.
It was a beautiful sunny Saturday afternoon here in central Switzerland.
Yep, I think that's what I need to do. Time to revert all the explicit paths, lol. sed, here I come!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!