What's new

Solved Generate Site Map?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hazel

I’m about to start fresh with 386.3 following @L&LD’s guide, as I have some issues ever since upgrading to, I think, the second to last version. So it’s time to start with a clean setup, as vanilla as possible.

As I do want to remember which settings were used before wiping everything, I’m about to make screenshots of all the pages in the WebUI. Now I was wondering, is there an easy way to generate some kind of sitemap of the routers config pages on my LAN, as the majority of tools I came across, seem to be web-based and are incapable of providing an overview of all the pages in the UI and they cannot be reached from the outside world (luckily). It’s been a while since my last fresh start, so who knows what I’ve been fiddling with in the mean time… :p

Any suggestions?

Download Firefox. See details of 'why' below.

Download Firefox. See details of 'why' below.

Thanks for you swift reply @L&LD , but Firefox is already my main browser. Not only for it's full page screenshot features, but it's definitely one of the advantages.

But I fail to see how this could help my fried brain to make sure every page is captured? Did I miss something in what you're suggesting?

Sorry, I didn't grok that distinction!

Go slow and methodical. ;)

Isn’t there are folder hidden somewhere in the depths of /jffs which I can print out and use as a checklist or is everything generated dynamically?

If there is, it's hidden really well.

What can I say @Jack Yaz?

Cool feature! :D :cool: :D

This needs to have a link on each of the 'main pages' either as an icon, or, as 'Site Map'. Right up there with Operation Mode, Firmware, and the SSID's.

Just too good to have it 'buried' inside the addons page. :)

It just may be the most used feature if it can be directly accessed from 'anywhere' within the router GUI.

Thank you!

I agree! It would be great if it could replace/augment the left-hand navbar. The current UI is kind of clunky where you have to pick the category and then the sub-tab. Two clicks at least to get most places, and four to switch between pages. Wouldn't it be nice to be able to instantly switch between pages with a single click?

Plus after several years I still haven't quite figured out ASUS's categories for some things. Tools vs Admin vs Network Tools? Maybe System Log? It's gotta be there somewhere ;)

Probably too much to hope for, but it would be nice
:cool:

In the meantime this is a great addition!!

if you happen to be running scMerlin, I've started working on a sitemap section on the WebUI page. it's currently only available on the develop branch, which you can switch to by running
Code:
/jffs/scripts/scmerlin develop
All feedback welcome!

Thank you, this has been very helpful. I'll provide a tiny bit of feedback in the appropriate thread.

I agree! It would be great if it could replace/augment the left-hand navbar. The current UI is kind of clunky where you have to pick the category and then the sub-tab. Two clicks at least to get most places, and four to switch between pages. Wouldn't it be nice to be able to instantly switch between pages with a single click?

Plus after several years I still haven't quite figured out ASUS's categories for some things. Tools vs Admin vs Network Tools? Maybe System Log? It's gotta be there somewhere ;)
I strongly resemble and support this perspective! Go and show Asus how it SHOULD be done @Jack Yaz

I strongly resemble and support this perspective! Go and show Asus how it SHOULD be done @Jack Yaz

Some background music for the Asus developers when they're about to revamp the whole UI:

Code:
scmerlin develop
scmerlin startup force
I was inspired by the music and made some additions to the main menu
Firing up good ol' Putty one more time for today...

I'm feeling really stupid now, but that just might be because I'm exhausted, but can you give me a hint? I don't see what has changed? Ran the commands above twice, cleared my cache to be sure, but I seriously don't see it... sorry :(

Wait a second, you said

made some additions to the main menu

so I was looking in the wrong place...

k7m1RCk.png

That's freakin' awesome. You managed to make the whole webUI a lot user friendly in less than 24 hours.

I'm feeling really stupid now, but that just might be because I'm exhausted, but can you give me a hint? I don't see what has changed? Ran the commands above twice, cleared my cache to be sure, but I seriously don't see it... sorry :(
if you hover over the main menu items on the left, you should see something like this:
07beca88a5.gif

yay it works! i was worried it had broken on its first attempt =[

No, it works fine. I was just looking at the sitemap, didn't read the instructions properly. My bad.

Thanks again! You manage to surprise us every time again.

if you hover over the main menu items on the left, you should see something like this:
07beca88a5.gif

More awesomeness from Jack {ThumbsUp} :cool: