What's new

GiG speed issues

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

bboncorr1

Occasional Visitor
I recently upgraded my router to an ASUS AX11000 and modem to a Netgear 2050. Both rate for gig plus connection. I’m using cat8 cables. I’m running the internal speed test on the router itself (I also change servers just in case). I’m only seeing 940 mbps with a 1.2 gbps plan. With over provision I should see 1.5 gbps. I’m also not seeing more than 300-400 mbps on Wi-Fi with my Wi-Fi6 devices when on the 5G connection up close to the router.

any advice on settings or steps I should take.

I’m running the internal speed test on the router itself

Inaccurate, limited by the CPU and number of options enabled in firmware. This router has Gigabit LAN ports and no wired client will reach >940Mbps. Wi-Fi performance depends on wireless client capabilities. With typical 80MHz wide channel and 2-stream clients no wireless client will reach Gigabit on Wi-Fi as well. I don't know what do you expect to see, but this is the reality.

LMAO

client to client not to WAN!!!

It's not magic if you have end to end same speed ports. Hence get the USB adapter and test at the modem.