What's new

goCoax MoCA 2.5 adapter

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

In my setup, I only have D-Ext enabled, and the phy rate has always been above 3000.
Sounds right, since that should get all 5 possible channels bonded.

The prior post was trying to address the question of how to configure a goCoax adapter to coexist in a DOCSIS 3.1 environment, where D3.1 “initial rollout” signals are present within the 1125-1218 MHz range of MoCA Extended Band D. The MoCA spec doc suggests that 4 channels should be available for bonding in such a situation, shifting the low end of the MoCA range to 1275 MHz, capping max shared throughput to 1600 Mbps (2000 Mbps TURBO) — 400 Mbps per channel (500 Mbps TURBO).

Last edited:
Quick Question, regarding the goCoax 2.5 adapter.

I see there is a LAN led light as one of the three lights. What does that led indicate?

I ask because I am seeing some strange differences on that light.
Example:
I use a UDM (base) as my router. When I plug the Coax into port 2, the led is mostly off and sometimes blinks on. I dont believe the port is bad on the UDM, cause I have connected other devices to that, and it works just fine.
When I plug the Coax into anything other port, the led is pretty much always on (barely can see it blink).

So, I am just not sure what the status of that led indicates.

Thanks in advance

Hi guys, I got a pair of the MA2500D and they are working fine for the most part but initially I was seeing strange issues such as not being able to get to local computers and local websites not loading. It turned out it was because my whole network is jumbo frames (9K) enabled. I had to disable jumbo frames to get things working on both sides of the coax bridge. Is this expected behavior or should the MA2500D support jumbo frames?

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!