What's new

Got a Tuya smart device very difficult to pair and then goes offline after 2 hours

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

clouless

Occasional Visitor
Got a Tuya smart device, very difficult to pair some time take many try, and then goes offline after about 2 hours
Router RT-AX86U FW 388.1 with 2 mesh nodes RT-AC68P and RT-AC3100 both on FW 386.9
The device is connected on guest network YasFi #1 b working only with 2.4Ghz sometimes this guest netwok says no internet!
when the unit goes offline, the only way to put it back on is to disconnect its power and put back again the power
Anything I can try to have a stable connection?

Last edited:
If it helps, I have one Tuya bulb and a single Asus router running 388 firmware. The bulb works fine, so maybe a mesh issue?

Got a Tuya smart device, very difficult to pair some time take many try, and then goes offline after about 2 hours
Router RT-AX86U FW 388.1 with 2 mesh nodes RT-AC68P and RT-AC3100 both on FW 386.9
The device is connected on guest network YasFi #1 b working only with 2.4Ghz sometimes this guest netwok says no internet!
when the unit goes offline, the only way to put it back on is to disconnect its power and put back again the power
Anything I can try to have a stable connection?
Darn lost my reply, anyway just wanted to say the network lead versions work much better than the WiFi ones, i hought a cheap v3 from AE China, plugged it in to my router and set it up with smart life.

Ok this reply ok, yer a cheap v3 from China is Great, but if you use Alexa and Google there might be problems with some devices.

Amazon want you to use their ZigBee and i have put some zigbee power sockets into echo show 10s but lot of old devices are working away day in day out over a year.

Wonder if you can swap to the lead version, so much better, mine has had a firmwear update twice, didnt expect that from China, it is a genuine tuya though.

Sorry if this is a duplicate reply, i may have hit the wrong button.

Typing in the dark, sorry any typos

Last edited:
In fact this is a fireplace, Wi-Fi only no Ethernet so far I am not using Alexa. I thought for a while about pihole acting
also, no FW upgrade at this time.
Got a lot of gadget switch plugs camera working on 2.4 with no issue
just wondering is there particular router settings I can try ?

Sorry no reply, I've been so busy, hard to say, but I did fine most people having problems with the wifi bridges, so I made sure I got a Direct connection, never a problem, sorry but routers settings making the traffic better for the device or something, never seems to work very well, perhaps you just got unlucky

I have more than 50 smart devices on 2.4Ghz network all those bulbs, plugs and camera. I used to have issue about connection too but try to set the Authentication Method to WPA/WPA2 Personal from WPA2/WPA3 Personal. For me I almost have no issue but only couple power plugs that can't connect or offline frequently. Hope this would help.

I assumed he's using the default, Her would need to change it to WPA 3 Personal, as its still only a 2 band router, not 3 with 2.4, 5 and 6Ghz