What's new

Got an rt-ac68u and need a range extender (Asus Zen WiFi?)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Friedlman

New Around Here
Hello,

I got a rt-ac68u and I need to extend my wifi signal in my house. I ran an ethernet cable to the other side of my house. What would be the best option as a extender? I would like to use imesh so I could use another ac68u or ac86u. I also found asus zen wifi (1 unit for 80€). Would the asus zen wifi work aswell? What would you reccomend in my case?

Greetings Friedl

Hello,

I got a rt-ac68u and I need to extend my wifi signal in my house. I ran an ethernet cable to the other side of my house. What would be the best option as a extender? I would like to use imesh so I could use another ac68u or ac86u. I also found asus zen wifi (1 unit for 80€). Would the asus zen wifi work aswell? What would you reccomend in my case?

Greetings Friedl

Consider the AC86U or AX86U. A premise of AiMesh is incremental upgrades... buying another AC68U is not an upgrade.

OE

Last edited:
thanks for the supply. Would the Asus Rog Rapture GT-AC2900 work aswell?

Probably, but I'm not a fan of niche products that cost more and get less support. I would not buy it unless it does something you can't live without. And it has an unpleasant red webUI, imo.

IMO, Asus markets ROG GT routers at a premium price because they sell, not because they are better/best.

OE

Last edited:
IMHO that is some good, sound advice.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!