Got an rt-ac68u and need a range extender (Asus Zen WiFi?)

Friedlman

New Around Here
Hello,

I got a rt-ac68u and I need to extend my wifi signal in my house. I ran an ethernet cable to the other side of my house. What would be the best option as a extender? I would like to use imesh so I could use another ac68u or ac86u. I also found asus zen wifi (1 unit for 80€). Would the asus zen wifi work aswell? What would you reccomend in my case?

Greetings Friedl

OzarkEdge

Part of the Furniture
Hello,

I got a rt-ac68u and I need to extend my wifi signal in my house. I ran an ethernet cable to the other side of my house. What would be the best option as a extender? I would like to use imesh so I could use another ac68u or ac86u. I also found asus zen wifi (1 unit for 80€). Would the asus zen wifi work aswell? What would you reccomend in my case?

Greetings Friedl

Consider the AC86U or AX86U. A premise of AiMesh is incremental upgrades... buying another AC68U is not an upgrade.

OE

Last edited:

OzarkEdge

Part of the Furniture
thanks for the supply. Would the Asus Rog Rapture GT-AC2900 work aswell?

Probably, but I'm not a fan of niche products that cost more and get less support. I would not buy it unless it does something you can't live without. And it has an unpleasant red webUI, imo.

IMO, Asus markets ROG GT routers at a premium price because they sell, not because they are better/best.

OE

Last edited:

JT Strickland

Very Senior Member
IMHO that is some good, sound advice.

L&LD

Part of the Furniture

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!