What's new

GT AC5300 - Splash screen ??

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

iPrey06

Occasional Visitor
Is there a way Not to display a splash screen when someone is blocked/restricted due to time restrictions or other reasons?

Currently, when a child is blocked, there is a splash screen that says...well.. that you are blocked pretty much.

I do not want there to be.. Anything really. Just for their connection to not work.

Any help?

Is there a way Not to display a splash screen when someone is blocked/restricted due to time restrictions or other reasons?

Currently, when a child is blocked, there is a splash screen that says...well.. that you are blocked pretty much.

I do not want there to be.. Anything really. Just for their connection to not work.

Any help?
No help it looks like... :(

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I had the same problem that you are having right now. I could not get it fixed even with a hard reset using the asus utility. Furthermore, the wifi itself stopped working soon after.

I'd suggest that you send back the router as soon as possible to ASUS or wherever you bought it from.

Any help?

Maybe you can use it to your advantage with some clever marketing... hey kids, I get a text message on my phone every time you're blocked so please restrict your browsing according to the safe computing guidelines we discussed. Maybe that will improve their browsing habits and effectively decrease the blocking required.

And besides, without splash screen feedback, the child user will not know/learn from their browsing habits... they'll just assume the network sucks again and needs better IT support. :)

OE

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!