What's new

GT-AX11000 Merlin Support ?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Could my router have some extra Aura LED lights on each of the 8 antennas

You have no idea what are you talking about, do you? ASUS manufactures those routers in Africa, not on the North Pole! What Aurora lights you are dreaming about and for $1199 only?

And please keep those old models for yourself! The new and improved version is WiFi 8 x 3 Band-Aids. You can't multiply or what? It has 24 antennae, of course. OMG... regular price for you, $1500.

-----------------------------

Update:
OK, guys... 1384 messages in my Inbox, I can't really read all of them. Here is the summary for now:

@L&LD - 1 x $1199
@SomeWhereOverTheRainBow - 1 x $1199
@Makaveli - 1 x $1199, free delivery
@thelonelycoder 1 x @1199
@Marin - 1 x $1500

@RMerlin - 1 x free. He wants one to try @Marin lights update, will send it back after
@thiggins - 1 x $2000. Sponsored by the company he works for, for reverse engineering purposes

I will keep 3 for myself, really want to try the 72 antennae power!
My calculations show it will make coffee faster than my coffee maker...

SOLD OUT!

Last edited:
Yes, I have just seen it, AX11000 Merlin, beta 3.
Unfortunately, VPN Fusion is disabled in the Merlin firmware, and that was the main reason to buy this router... I hope they would improve on the VPN Functionality, but that's it.

Unfortunately, VPN Fusion is disabled in the Merlin firmware, and that was the main reason to buy this router... I hope they would improve on the VPN Functionality, but that's it.
My Routing Policy implementation is far more flexible than VPNFusion.

What / how is your routing policy implementation?

I'm interested.

You can select IPs or CIDRs, both source and/or destinations.

Rmerlin VPN implementation is superior to vpn fusion.Asuswrt-Merlin has superior features such as policy based routing.

1620810644739.png

I would like to know if load averages of 2.00 is normal for this router as it always hover at this value even with a fresh new install of rmerlin firmware with nothing configured

View attachment 33761

I would like to know if load averages of 2.00 is normal for this router as it always hover at this value even with a fresh new install of rmerlin firmware with nothing configured
It`s normal. In the Linux world, Load Average doesn`t translate to CPU usage. It translate to the number of processes currently waiting their turn to use the CPU.

Here's my load average after 7 days up:

CPU ModelBCM490x - Cortex A53 ARMv8 revision 0 (Cores: 4)
CPU Frequency1800 MHz
CPU Load Average (1, 5, 15 mins)3.28, 3.09, 3.03

At 11 days update up time and here is mine looks pretty normal.

router load.PNG

I also got another issue when i turn on guest network. It keeps blasting a pile of logs every few seconds with the message "kernel: protocol 0800 is buggy, dev eth5" i looked ard the forum seems like it is a bug created by asus and the issue seems to be fixed in the official latest firmware of the ax11000. Anything i can do to workaround this on rmerlin?

Could anyone tell me what this folder logs?

/jffs/.sys/diag_db <-- it seems to be growing bigger all the time almost 10mb now

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!