What's new

GT-AX11000 New firmware today 3.0.0.4.384_7997

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Okay, thx for clarification. It's petty that Asus aren't able to create better firmware to such a great piece of hardware

I had a Asus RT-AC5300 and the great thing with that model was the ability to run Asus Merlin firmware

I had a Asus RT-AC5300 and the great thing with that model was the ability to run Asus Merlin firmware
OK we all know that Eric can walk on water, but even he could not fix this mess.

Try again Asus.

Try much harder.

Can confirm that there is something wrong with the wifi speeds im getting under 300mbps down on wifi 6 on my phone and 500mbps+ on pc.

If im using my mobile data 5g connection i get over 800mbps down and feels a lot snappier. Pages also load faster on mobile data and are much more responsive than using my home connection. It has been this way since the last update which enabled wpa3 support.

What's the best way to downgrade firmware and restore settings that I had previously configured? I have a number of static mappings set up and some port-forwarding and it's tedious to reconfigure all of that. Also, what about the two mesh nodes I have connected to the GT-AX11000? Do those need to also be factory reset and re-connected into the GT-AX11000? Ideally, I'd like to just save my current settings, downgrade, then restore and not have to do much else.

UPDATE: I simply uploaded the old FW file and the downgrade seems fine (and stable). Normally I do some type of factory reset (either hold the reset button for 7 seconds or reset via gui) OR I clear NVRAM, but that did not seem to be needed thus far. I'll monitor the stability as it was not stable on either of the last two recent releases.

If someone else has different directions by all means weigh in and thank you in advance.

Last edited:
What's the best way to downgrade firmware and restore settings that I had previously configured? I have a number of static mappings set up and some port-forwarding and it's tedious to reconfigure all of that. Also, what about the two mesh nodes I have connected to the GT-AX11000? Do those need to also be factory reset and re-connected into the GT-AX11000? Ideally, I'd like to just save my current settings, downgrade, then restore and not have to do much else.

UPDATE: I simply uploaded the old FW file and the downgrade seems fine (and stable). Normally I do some type of factory reset (either hold the reset button for 7 seconds or reset via gui) OR I clear NVRAM, but that did not seem to be needed thus far. I'll monitor the stability as it was not stable on either of the last two recent releases.

If someone else has different directions by all means weigh in and thank you in advance.
Whats your wifi speed like any improvments?

Whats your wifi speed like any improvments?
Honestly - i did not notice huge issues in wifi speeds. If you have something you use to test, I'll take a look. I get max speeds from a wifi AC laptop via speedtest to my ISP (200mbps), but that's far less than internal. I am simply monitoring for wifi stability. I regularly had wifi cut out multiple times/day.

Honestly - i did not notice huge issues in wifi speeds. If you have something you use to test, I'll take a look. I get max speeds from a wifi AC laptop via speedtest to my ISP (200mbps), but that's far less than internal. I am simply monitoring for wifi stability. I regularly had wifi cut out multiple times/day.
Im using speed test mobile app connected to my isp speed test server via wifi 6 5ghz band and im only getting 300mbps out of my real internet speed which is 700mbps down.

On desktop speed test ookla im getting the full speed.

Im using speed test mobile app connected to my isp speed test server via wifi 6 5ghz band and im only getting 300mbps out of my real internet speed which is 700mbps down.

On desktop speed test ookla im getting the full speed.
Ahh - yeah I only have 200down/20up. My pixel4 does not support wifi6 either, though AC speeds would push far higher than 200mbps. Just no way to test...perhaps a good thing; otherwise I'd be in the same boat I'm guessing.

Had wifi instability in the last 24 hours after reverting back. Essentially the connection just drops for a few mins then comes back. Asus FW is complete trash especially on their flagship router. I am about to send it back and look for something more reliable. Will be performing a factory reset today to see if that helps.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!