What's new

GT-AX6000 vs GT-AXE16000 question

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Form over function? Never!

Function first.

@lilstone87 I agree with you regarding the specs justifying the cost increase, but why a mirrored top? My placement wouldn't matter, since it would be located in a closet, but a reflective surface seems wasteful (and dust, etc emphasized).
My AX6000 is working so well, that I won't have a problem waiting for the AXE16000 to get a reduction in initial release price (and of course RMerlin support).

but why a mirrored top?
Well it's a ROG GT router. As much as some of us think the design isn't anything special to look at. Having this on the router, will be an added reason some buy it. As it's different, even if it's a fingerprint magnet, and such.

The GT-AX6000 is a ROG router, and that looks like a reject prop from Red Dwarf (even if it does work very well indeed)!

ROG Display Area w/ Antennas Upward
I can put Capt Kirk and Spock figurines on top, add some auxiliary characters, a few tiny fake boulders, accumulated dust for the ground, then turn on the rgb lights.
Display Inspiration
(Link Video Has Violence. Terrible Terrible Violence)

How do you think the Asus ROG GT-AXE16000 stacks up against the Netgear RAXE500?

I believe both are quad band but which one is more superior spec-wise and more future proof moving forward?

How do you think the Asus ROG GT-AXE16000 stacks up against the Netgear RAXE500?
Nobody can tell, because the router is not released yet, so there are no review.

I believe both are quad band but which one is more superior spec-wise and more future proof moving forward?
Like Merlin mentioned you can't compare them right now, as the GT-AXE16000 hasn't even launched yet.

However what I can comment on is Netgear's firmware support. Which lacks, and overall sucks. Firmware releases shouldn't average once every 6 months, if you're lucky.

Asus is much better getting new firmware builds out every 3 months, or so. Which is nice. The icing on the cake is the asus routers Merlin supports as well. As between the two, firmware updates are more often, with added features at times.

@Poseidon, it doesn't matter what specs the NG router has, it is inferior to the Asus products, overall. Not comparable in the universe where RMerlin-powered routers are available.

Amazon is now listing the GT-AXE16000 and showing it as out of stock probably pending release. My suspicion is that it will release either tomorrow in conjunction with the ASUS event, or later this week.
Someone on Twitter indicated the Amazon listing landed a few days ago and they were able to order it right away. I didn't see the listing until 17 hours later and it was already out of stock.

I'm tracking it for whenever they restock it next.

Someone on Twitter indicated the Amazon listing landed a few days ago and they were able to order it right away.
From what I seen the couple people who did get to order one. Also got a ship out date for 2 weeks later. Definitely seems like a early posting on amazon's part.

And the AXE-11000 price is now reduced on the Asus store from $550 to $500
AX6000 had similar $50 drop for a few days, like two weeks ago. Honestly the AXE11000 price should drop a bit, and stay. As the AXE16000 hardware wise is definitely a couple steps above. For sure feel there should be more than a $100 difference, between the two.

AX6000 had similar $50 drop for a few days, like two weeks ago. Honestly the AXE11000 price should drop a bit, and stay. As the AXE16000 hardware wise is definitely a couple steps above. For sure feel there should be more than a $100 difference, between the two.
This morning newegg had the GT-AXE11000 marked down to $500 with an additional $50 promo code for $450 total. New, not their open box listing. It looks like it moved pretty quickly, since newegg sold out and it defaulted to a third party seller.

This morning newegg had the GT-AXE11000 marked down to $500 with an additional $50 promo code for $450 total.
Well at $450 not a bad price at all. I would still rather spend $200 more on the better hardware in the AXE16000. But I'm not shocked it sold out quickly at that price.

If anyone is interested in the AXE11000. Newegg shows it has stock still for it. It's on sale for $500 plus a $50 discount code through them, so $450. That price is for the next 9 hours it shows.

Well the 16000 is listed for sale in the Asus shop now. The first time I clicked the "Buy" link it would not add it to my cart and it now shows only "Notify Me" instead. So they either haven't added stock yet, or else they did and it's gone already. Oh well.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!