What's new

Release GT-AXE 11000 Version 3.0.0.4.388.21224 Just released

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

cc666

Very Senior Member
Version 3.0.0.4.388.21224
2022/10/17 72.58 MBytes
ASUS GT-AXE11000 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.388.21224
1.Improved 5G/160MHz and 6G/160MHz throughput.
2.Fixed HTTP response splitting vulnerability. Thanks to Efstratios Chatzoglou, University of the Aegean.
3.Fixed status page HTML vulnerability. Thanks to David Ward.
4.Fixed CVE-2018-1160. Thanks to Steven Sroba.
5.Fixed cfg_server security issue.

Please unzip the firmware file first then check the MD5 code.
MD5:f180876505ebc271f78771c5fcb39590

Just installed. Let me know how it runs for you. Great that Asus has good support for this router.

CC

I updated my GT-AXE11000 from Version 3.0.0.4.388.20499 to Version 3.0.0.4.388.21224, and I've noticed a problem with YouTube pausing/freezing video playback on my mobile (Android), laptop and desktop (both Windows 10), with nothing else on the network. I have 1gbit fibre internet and speedtest reports 940mbit download. This wasn't a problem on Version 3.0.0.4.388.20499. I am reverting to previous firmware to see if the problem persists, but I suspect it's the new firmware that's the issue.

Please report back your findings. I tested and my YouTube is smooth no problems.

CC

Last edited:
I were using the factory firmware for about 11 months (I don't know exactly the build number, but I think its version was 3.0.4.386) and the router performance was excellent in all bands (2.4G, 5G and 6G).

Last week I upgraded the firmware to this version (3.0.0.4.388.21224) because the router version was old and I'm very interested in the security fixes, sadly I started to notice problems in 5GHz band.

After that upgrade, I got random disconnections on any device using 5GHz band (mobile, tvboxes, laptops, etc), and of course that produces effects like the one reported above by @chris6004. The 2.4GHz band works as usual without major issues.

I think the problem may be related with the changes in 160MHz band (1.Improved 5G/160MHz and 6G/160MHz throughput), is there some place where I can get technical information about the changes between builds, specially that change?

Is there some advanced feature to enable/disable that improvement to test?

I downgraded to 3.0.0.4.388.20499 Firmware and I'm testing it (only 2 hours of testing and I didn't get any disconnection in 5GHz band until now).

I updated my GT-AXE11000 from Version 3.0.0.4.388.20499 to Version 3.0.0.4.388.21224, and I've noticed a problem with YouTube pausing/freezing video playback on my mobile (Android), laptop and desktop (both Windows 10), with nothing else on the network. I have 1gbit fibre internet and speedtest reports 940mbit download. This wasn't a problem on Version 3.0.0.4.388.20499. I am reverting to previous firmware to see if the problem persists, but I suspect it's the new firmware that's the issue.
I had this issue (sorta) on different firmware than this version but seems to have noticed it has come back. I was actually on the last 386 and first 388 version and had issues with watching facebook videos of higher quality than 480p without buffering or stuttering anything on instagram as well as some snapchat. Youtube surprisingly worked flawlessly for me always playing in the highest quality. As well as live streams. Bought a new router same issue and just had a replacement router shipped to me from Asus and worked for about 4 or 5 days and seems to have come back this weekend. I just ended a chat with them for support and sent all logs and stuff over to them. I just withdrew my consent on the admin>privacy tab and seems to have somehow resolved the issue. Now this is testing for about 20 minutes. Just checked facebook videos and they play high quality instantly with no buffering, same with instagram. Maybe a slight few millisecond delay in loading pics but nothing I would say is slow. Videos seem to load instantly with no buffering or lower quality. This could just be a temporary fix or might be the issue completely. I did use Traffic Analyzer, Bandwidth Monitor, Web History as well as the app so all those are now turned off.

I had this issue (sorta) on different firmware than this version but seems to have noticed it has come back. I was actually on the last 386 and first 388 version and had issues with watching facebook videos of higher quality than 480p without buffering or stuttering anything on instagram as well as some snapchat. Youtube surprisingly worked flawlessly for me always playing in the highest quality. As well as live streams. Bought a new router same issue and just had a replacement router shipped to me from Asus and worked for about 4 or 5 days and seems to have come back this weekend. I just ended a chat with them for support and sent all logs and stuff over to them. I just withdrew my consent on the admin>privacy tab and seems to have somehow resolved the issue. Now this is testing for about 20 minutes. Just checked facebook videos and they play high quality instantly with no buffering, same with instagram. Maybe a slight few millisecond delay in loading pics but nothing I would say is slow. Videos seem to load instantly with no buffering or lower quality. This could just be a temporary fix or might be the issue completely. I did use Traffic Analyzer, Bandwidth Monitor, Web History as well as the app so all those are now turned off.
Left it over night with nothing enabled and default settings and seemed to work great. Only thing enabled was DDNS. Enabled traffic analyzer and bandwidth monitor and noticed it started doing the same thing again. Probably just going to downgrade to the previous firmware and see if that does anything with those settings enabled.

Let us know if downgrading fixed the issue. I do not use the traffic analyzer and so far it runs flawlessly.
I did load the Merlin Alfa firmware to test it out, that also ran great but the throughput with the new stock firmware was consistently 25-30% faster on the stock firmware vs the Merlin Alpha build.

CC

Let us know if downgrading fixed the issue. I do not use the traffic analyzer and so far it runs flawlessly.
I did load the Merlin Alfa firmware to test it out, that also ran great but the throughput with the new stock firmware was consistently 25-30% faster on the stock firmware vs the Merlin Alpha build.

CC
Did not go well. Downgraded to the 20499 firmware and same issue. Reset everything as well, same issue. Upgraded back reset again and same issue. I have no clue what could be causing the issue because I have everything disabled at this point except the wireless. And now after a complete reset by the router and the gui, I've been locked out of even seeing the gui. 102.168.50.1 doesn't return anything. Internet still going strong as I type this and post but can't even see the router gui now.

Quick update: After the gui came back up about 3 minutes after I posted the previous message (no error in the logs that I saw) things semi improved. Not completely played a little better quality better than 480p but not full hd with no buffering still. So I installed the latest non beta merlin firmware and did the nuclear reset that's been posted on the forums before. Formatting the JFFS partition 3 times. Gui and WPS reset followed by installed the latest official firmware here listed along with another GUI and WPS reset and set up again from the browser with nothing extra enabled (No AI Protection, Traffic Analyzer, Bandwidth Monitor, Web History) Only thing changed was the wireless channels that are known good for where I am and another reboot, things actually seem stable. I honestly have no clue if all of that worked or maybe just one of those things worked but it seems to have had some affect on things. Will update tomorrow or next after a full day of use.

Quick update: After the gui came back up about 3 minutes after I posted the previous message (no error in the logs that I saw) things semi improved. Not completely played a little better quality better than 480p but not full hd with no buffering still. So I installed the latest non beta merlin firmware and did the nuclear reset that's been posted on the forums before. Formatting the JFFS partition 3 times. Gui and WPS reset followed by installed the latest official firmware here listed along with another GUI and WPS reset and set up again from the browser with nothing extra enabled (No AI Protection, Traffic Analyzer, Bandwidth Monitor, Web History) Only thing changed was the wireless channels that are known good for where I am and another reboot, things actually seem stable. I honestly have no clue if all of that worked or maybe just one of those things worked but it seems to have had some affect on things. Will update tomorrow or next after a full day of use.
I am assuming you do NOT have QOS running. If you do disable it.
I would try this if you have trouble again. unplug router, unplug modem. Wait 2 minutes.
Plug in modem. let it fully reboot. Then plug in router.

I would then goto the WAN tab and change the DNS server to 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1
Then click apply. See if this helps.

CC

I am assuming you do NOT have QOS running. If you do disable it.
I would try this if you have trouble again. unplug router, unplug modem. Wait 2 minutes.
Plug in modem. let it fully reboot. Then plug in router.

I would then goto the WAN tab and change the DNS server to 1.1.1.1 and 1.0.0.1
Then click apply. See if this helps.

CC
No QOS is turned off, never used it before. This seems to have worked as I haven't had any issues and seems to be working flawlessly now. Facebook is 1080p immediately no buffering even when skipping forward. Insta and snap all work great without buffering and great quality. I never had the issues with Youtube, it's playing 4k instantly. Scared to turn any of that stuff on as that seems to be what the issue is though. Might just live without any of those features until a new firmware update is released. Asus did send me an email last night that they were sending it to their "higher support" for replication and it would take 24-48 hours to get back with me. I'll update then.

No QOS is turned off, never used it before. This seems to have worked as I haven't had any issues and seems to be working flawlessly now. Facebook is 1080p immediately no buffering even when skipping forward. Insta and snap all work great without buffering and great quality. I never had the issues with Youtube, it's playing 4k instantly. Scared to turn any of that stuff on as that seems to be what the issue is though. Might just live without any of those features until a new firmware update is released. Asus did send me an email last night that they were sending it to their "higher support" for replication and it would take 24-48 hours to get back with me. I'll update then.

What is the actual firmware you are running? is it Merlin .386_2? Merlin alpha .388 or latest Asus Stock?

CC

What is the actual firmware you are running? is it Merlin .386_2? Merlin alpha .388 or latest Asus Stock?

CC
Latest ASUS Stock (3.0.0.4.388_21224). I briefly put on Merlin 386.2 to perform the JFFS format.

I did notice this in the log which is repeated itself every minute for about 10 (edit) minutes. Has since stopped.

Nov 2 18:54:32 kernel: SHN Release Version: 2.0.3
Nov 2 18:54:32 kernel: UDB Core Version: 0.2.20
Nov 2 18:54:32 kernel: sizeof forward pkt param = 280
Nov 2 18:54:32 BWDPI: fun bitmap = 3
Nov 2 18:54:44 BWDPI: force to flush flowcache entries
Nov 2 18:54:44 BWDPI: rollback fc

Been up for 18 hours without issues though.

Last edited:
Latest ASUS Stock (3.0.0.4.388_21224). I briefly put on Merlin 386.2 to perform the JFFS format.

I did notice this in the log which is repeated itself every minute for about 10 (edit) minutes. Has since stopped.

Nov 2 18:54:32 kernel: SHN Release Version: 2.0.3
Nov 2 18:54:32 kernel: UDB Core Version: 0.2.20
Nov 2 18:54:32 kernel: sizeof forward pkt param = 280
Nov 2 18:54:32 BWDPI: fun bitmap = 3
Nov 2 18:54:44 BWDPI: force to flush flowcache entries
Nov 2 18:54:44 BWDPI: rollback fc

Been up for 18 hours without issues though.

I am running the same firmware, running flawlessly. No VPN but have DNS over TLS.
No Trend Micro and no QOS. I have 1 gb service.

CC

After installing 3.0.0.4.388.21224, I've had lots of problems on both the 5ghz and 2.4ghz bands (frequent disconnects, some devices that worked fine before have difficulty connecting or cannot connect at all). Am going to try downgrading to the prior version.

After installing 3.0.0.4.388.21224, I've had lots of problems on both the 5ghz and 2.4ghz bands (frequent disconnects, some devices that worked fine before have difficulty connecting or cannot connect at all). Am going to try downgrading to the prior version.

Merlin just came out with a new Alpha firmware for the AXE11000. Just installed and it is running perfectly so far. You should switch to that.

CC

Update for anyone curious. Had been up and running for a week with no issues. Decided to enable Traffic Analyzer > Statistic. Ran for about 2 days with no issues then enabled Traffic Analyzer > Bandwidth Monitor. Again no issues for about a week. Today however, all issues have returned. Facebook videos are playing in low quality 180p, switching to 1080p they do not play at all. Instagram videos buffer and video take sometimes up to 5 seconds to load as well. Asus did get up with me and the first email told me to disable AI Protection and QOS which was never enabled since the reset. A couple days later they said to change the NAT type to Full cone. Didn't really affect anything even after a reboot. I've since uploaded log files and emailed them back and just not waiting. I'm probably going to go back to the last 386 firmware later today and just avoid 388 for now. Maybe the logs and such will help them diagnose the issues going on.

Just spent the last 3 hours doing everything again and it's still occurring. Put the Asus 386 firmware first and still occurred and just finished with the latest 388 firmware and it's still occurring. Everything was default settings with nothing enabled.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!