What's new

GT-AXE11000 hits the FCC

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

How two AXE1100 look like in AiMesh. In my wireless settings it says that the 6GHz is using control channel 37. Does anyone suggest to use a specific 6GHz channel or should i leave it on Auto?

Attachments

• F5CDEDB7-B9E0-40CA-B4B9-F80B357DF53D.jpeg
    F5CDEDB7-B9E0-40CA-B4B9-F80B357DF53D.jpeg
    80.6 KB · Views: 165
  • 303172DF-1744-4ECB-B021-DEA2870414A4.jpeg
    303172DF-1744-4ECB-B021-DEA2870414A4.jpeg
    68.9 KB · Views: 170
As the (most likely) only 2x Wi-Fi 6E routers in your part of the world, I would say Auto will work okay for a while. :)

If you're into testing, what can you throw back-and-forth between the two routers to test if Auto or another Control Channel works better?

Nice PHY rates, BTW. How far apart are these routers? Line of sight, or obstacles in between them too?

Can this be done with Wireshark or other freely-available software tools?
Yes. However, I have not confirmed whether Wireshark has incorporated the related decoders. So the frames could be flagged as malformed.

I would also try/test with WinFi from https://www.helge-keck.com/, but I don't have any Wi-Fi 6E routers to test with yet. :)

WinFi is also not showing anything on 6GHz.

I suspect that the GT-AXE11000's 6Ghz support is buggy and may be non-functional. For example - when I change the 6GHz channel or enable/disable PSC from Advanced Settings > Wireless and click Apply, it ignores the newly selected values and reverts back to Auto and PSC enabled.

Also General > Wi-Fi Radar > Wireless Channel Statistics always shows the 6GHz radio on channel 1. Seems odd that it would always pick channel 1. It also describes this as "5 Ghz" even though I've selected the 6 GHz SSID, and shows the 5 GHz channels in the Channel Distribution section at the bottom of the page. These could be simple display bugs - or could point towards more significant issues with the 6E support.

Choosing different channel widths, encryption algorithm, and various other settings on the Professional tab also has no visible impact. We probably need a new firmware from ASUS to fix the GT-AXE11000's 6E support.

As the (most likely) only 2x Wi-Fi 6E routers in your part of the world, I would say Auto will work okay for a while. :)

If you're into testing, what can you throw back-and-forth between the two routers to test if Auto or another Control Channel works better?

Nice PHY rates, BTW. How far apart are these routers? Line of sight, or obstacles in between them too?
They are roughly 30ft apart , 3 walls in between, same floor.

will think of something to test and report back

It’s not Asus’s fault, only the newer unreleased Intel 20.30.0.11 driver truly supports 6Ghz. One could also try Linux Kernel 5.11 if they have Ubuntu or any other Linux distro as it integrates full AX210 support.

I found the above mentioned driver below, since Intel sometimes likes to release beta/pre release drivers via Killer, not sure if there's a sub branch that enables 6E though, and you may still need W10 preview from what I heard:

Download KIller Control Center Jan 30th package:
https://support.killernetworking.com

Next click install, it will halt stating no Killer hardware found, don't close.
Next go to C:/Users/ "User Name"/AppData/Temp/
There look through newly created folders and find the one with the Killer .msi file and extract it, it will get you the drivers, in a folder labeled 11ACW.

Last edited:
Just set up my axe11000, s21 ultra just refuses to go past 350megabits/s on a gigabyte connection. The range is very poor in a smallish house. Also the ethernet connection is also all over the place with just my modem connected to the pc i see 1000 solid, with my router in place lucky to have 900 with qos off. Also last night the 6e just disappeared from my s21. This is a very buggy router and not a great experience so far.

The fact that Amazon has removed the router from its search results should tell you something.

Did you guys really expect a fully functioning router given past experience with first-in-category products?

Wi-Fi 6E, see you in September...

I'm very happy with my Intel AΧ210 Wi-Fi adaptor for my laptop. Wi-Fi is obviously faster (and more consistent) with the RT-AΧ86U vs. the AX200 card it replaced, and even the computer is faster to settle after booting up too (didn't expect that, tbh).

The '6E' router though is still a long way off from being considered. I don't even know about one that may get RMerlin support yet.

I'm sure the current ones will become 'worth it' eventually too. Thanks for all the beta testers that can sort things out for the rest of us and for those, like myself, that don't have the budgets to just sit on a router until it can be made to work as it should too.

Wi-Fi 6E, see you in September...

I'm very happy with my Intel AΧ210 Wi-Fi adaptor for my laptop. Wi-Fi is obviously faster (and more consistent) with the RT-AΧ86U vs. the AX200 card it replaced, and even the computer is faster to settle after booting up too (didn't expect that, tbh).

The '6E' router though is still a long way off from being considered. I don't even know about one that may get RMerlin support yet.

I'm sure the current ones will become 'worth it' eventually too. Thanks for all the beta testers that can sort things out for the rest of us and for those, like myself, that don't have the budgets to just sit on a router until it can be made to work as it should too.
I have a backup nighthawk if it gets crazy but I don't mind beta testing, the wifi 6 has been bug free just the"e" that seems bugged. Did a factory reset this morning and so far it has been much more stable today. I just can't figure out why my s21 ultra won't go past 350 I'm really thinking its a samsung thing.

@Ironcobra80, it will take a lot from both sides (the router manufacturers and the client devices too) to get this working as it should.

It is not just an Asus/Samsung thing today. It is all of them.

But early adaptors like yourself are what pushes manufacturers to fix things as quickly as possible. Otherwise, the technology would just be stillborn. As history can so easily show us. :)

I just got 6Ghz band at least visible with the AX210 on Ubuntu 20.10, using drivers from the link below and copying them to lib/firmware. Should have been default with the 5.11 kernel but whatever it's at leased detected now I guess. Just remember you need kernel 5.10+ to be able to use it, and only 5.11 will see 6Ghz.

Edit: Connection is a different story... Maybe someone else will have better luck.

Last edited:
I just can't figure out why my s21 ultra won't go past 350 I'm really thinking its a samsung thing.
I believe you are who I replied to at XDA, but my S21U has no problem nearly maxing out my internet connection via WiFi 6 connected to my RT-AX86. I just checked, I do get slightly better speedtest results on my hardwired laptop (about 480Mbps), but I also have the RT-AX86 set to only 40Mhz.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210204-135008_Chrome.png
    Screenshot_20210204-135008_Chrome.png
    139.5 KB · Views: 145
I believe you are who I replied to at XDA, but my S21U has no problem nearly maxing out my internet connection via WiFi 6 connected to my RT-AX86. I just checked, I do get slightly better speedtest results on my hardwired laptop (about 480Mbps), but I also have the RT-AX86 set to only 40Mhz.
Edit: Solved it finally, did a network reset on the s21 and I am now getting 1 gig download on 6e

Last edited:
@Ironcobra80, just wondering if you tested first with just a new SSID? Glad the network reset helped.

The fact that Amazon has removed the router from its search results should tell you something.

Did you guys really expect a fully functioning router given past experience with first-in-category products?
That is because the inventory were sold out so Amazon removed the listing, it should come back soon but may dispear again because of hot selling.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!