What's new

GT-AXE16000 Aimesh, unable to find AiMesh router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

wickedny5

Occasional Visitor
Flashed two GT-AXE16000 with merlins 386.8 , factory erased both of them. Went to setup the main router, everything good. But when trying to add the second GT-AXE16000 it can not be found though the AiMesh setup wizard. Keeps searching for a AiMesh capable router but none are found.

So I setup the second router, then factory erased it again (re-initialized it) , still can't be found.

Erased the main router again, set it up, still can't find the second GT-AXE16000.

Anyone trying to add a AXE16000 with merlins 386.8 as a node to their existing AiMesh setup. I don't think its broadcasting itself.

Maybe you could try to add the node with a cable? Afterwards you can change settings to wireless backhaul.

My ax88u-meshrouter " finds" ax88u-node without any problems.

Maybe you could try to add the node with a cable? Afterwards you can change settings to wireless backhaul.

My ax88u-meshrouter " finds" ax88u-node without any problems.
yup that worked, after its added via wired backhaul I was able to disconnect it and its running off the 6Ghz backhaul . Guess somethings broken in AiMesh that doesn't allow to be seen wirelessly through setup wizard

Last edited:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!