What's new

Guest Network Access to HP9010e AIO

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Spartacus

Occasional Visitor
I'm hoping someone can help me understand why I can't seem to print. I've created a Guest network with the same SSID and Pwd on my Zen Wifi XT8 router on both the 2.4 and 5 GHz bands (using it to isolate IOT and work computers). The printer is connected to the correct wireless as is the client (both Windows and Mac). Wireless Direct is enabled.

HP Smart can't find the printer but when you add from Windows, it only shows the "Direct..." printer but it seems to let you set it up. I've even been successful printing a test page; however, whenever I try to print from any app, it fails. I gather it has something to do with the isolation of clients on the Guest network but I'm at a loss. I thought at least Wifi Direct would work.

I'm considering a full factory reset of the printer but I can't find any instructions on the net to actually do this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I can't follow what you're trying to do. Particularly in light of your previous question about this.

Are you wanting a PC on your main LAN to be able to access a printer on the guest network? As previously discussed, this won't work if they are isolated from each other.

Or are the PC and printer both connected to the same guest SSID, on the same AP and on the same band? If that's so and you have "Access Intranet" disabled then this also won't work as the guests aren't allowed to talk to each other.

On the other hand you mention Wireless Direct. This is something completely different where the PC and the printer talk directly to each other and don't use your router at all.

Last edited: