What's new

Guest network doesn't have internet access

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

iTyPsIDg

Running latest stable Merlin 386.1, VPN Manager, YazFi, and Diversion. I had the exact same issue when on 386.1 beta 3 without VPN Manager, YazFi, or Diversion. I use NordVPN. I'm using Wireless router mode / AiMesh Router mode (Default).

I'm a digital nomad. I got the RT-AC86U because I want it to look like I'm always in the US, just in case I have to connect to my company's network.

I will start by saying that I haven't been able to test this on a direct WAN connection to the public internet. All of the places I've been in require that I plug the RT-AC86U into another WiFi router. So the WAN is using a private IP (192.168.1.X), the LAN uses 192.168.50.X, and Guest 1 uses 192.168.101.X.

If I connect to the regular WiFi network (2.4 or 5 GHz) everything works fine. If I configure Guest 1 (2.4 or 5) I connect to WiFi, but I can't access the Internet. I almost think this is a routing issue (I can't even ping 8.8.8.8). I'm just not sure what to do to fix it. I've spent hours trying to figure it out (which is why I now have VPN Manager, YazFi, and Diversion), but I'm lost. Can anyone offer any advice? Do I need to set up a static route?

Here is my routing table, if it helps:
1612380951314.png

@iTyPsIDg welcome to the forums.

Known issue, use search for more info (won't really help you though).

Use GN 2, 3, or 4 instead (for now).

@iTyPsIDg welcome to the forums.

Known issue, use search for more info (won't really help you though).

Use GN 2, 3, or 4 instead (for now).
Thank you. That helped, as did the similar thread 386.1 LAN->DNS Filter does not work on Guest 1 network. Now I see that my DHCP settings for Guest 2 won't work. It also seems that VPN Client doesn't do anything either, it will use the same VPN as my primary. I just hope that the isolation works correctly since I'm on the same subnet as my primary.

That did the trick! Thank you so much!

Hi all, hope some one can clarify the issue i am facing. I have a Blue Cave with Guest Network (2.4GHz) enabled (mainly for IoT devices). However, i cannot see these IoT devices in Network Map or Wireless Log even i set "Access Intranet==Enable". Meaning i have no visibility who connect to my Guest Network at all. Is this scenario normal?