What's new

Guest network on different ip section?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

newnews

Regular Contributor
Hello,

I have Guest Network enabled on my RT-AC68U router, I noticed the ip address assigned to the device connected on guest network are in the same ip section as other devices. I did not find a way to setup different ip address for guest. for example I have all my intranet devices on 192.168.100.xxx, and I want to assign 192.168.200.xxx to guest device.

How can I achieve this? thanks

I have Guest Network enabled on my RT-AC68U router, I noticed the ip address assigned to the device connected on guest network are in the same ip section as other devices. I did not find a way to setup different ip address for guest. for example I have all my intranet devices on 192.168.100.xxx, and I want to assign 192.168.200.xxx to guest device.
Another tack might be, "Why?" IF all you want to do is isolate "guests" from your privates simply set up your "guest" SSID and disable intranet access.

Another tack might be, "Why?" IF all you want to do is isolate "guests" from your privates simply set up your "guest" SSID and disable intranet access.
because I have another router(Tamato firmware) used as wifi extension does not allow me to use same ip section for 2nd vlan

because I have another router(Tamato firmware) used as wifi extension does not allow me to use same ip section for 2nd vlan
and ... there's the answer. Thank you.

Thanks for quick reply. If I use Yazi to setup the guest network, do I have to remove the built-in guest network configuration?

Not sure how it interacts with the vanilla guest settings tbh, not part of Yazfi I’ve played with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure how it interacts with the vanilla guest settings tbh, not part of Yazfi I’ve played with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok, the comment says the guest network must be configured in GUI before using the script, so the answer is clear