What's new

Guest network via Lyra node

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Neil Smith

Occasional Visitor
Hi. As the title suggests, I have Guest network enabled on an Asus RT-AC86U. This is wired to node which operating via backhaul. This node is 4ft from my firestick. The FS shows full signal strength for my 2.4 and 5Ghz non guest networks but only 2/3 bars for guest 2.4 and 1 bar/nothing for 5Ghz. So I'm a bit confused considering the node is working as showing full signal strength for my 2 non guest 2.4 and 5Ghz network. Is guest known to have a weaker signal? Thanks..

Lyra is still on the 384 code-base. Therefore the guest WIFI will not sync to the nodes.

Lyra is still on the 384 code-base. Therefore the guest WIFI will not sync to the nodes.
Thanks. Seems strange that they've added 'sync to AIMesh' under guest setting on the router! Does being on 384 code mean that's a chip limitation or could they in theory rectify this over a firmware update?

There is test version .386 for lyra so it is no chip limitation. We still waiting for official version.

Attachments

• lyra.png
    lyra.png
    82.7 KB · Views: 148

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!