What's new

Guest WIFI on AC68U with latest Merlin build

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

chinese_ys

Regular Contributor
Hi,

Just wonder how should I restrict the Guest WIFI traffic on AC68U which is running AP mode? I do have Guest WIFI configured but it gives access to my LAN. I only want Guest WIFI to access Internet.

Please advise.

Yo have a checkbox right there in gest wifi config to limit access to your intranet.
Screenshot shows all the options I have for configured guest WIFI...Mine only runs in AP mode if that makes any difference.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-07-11 at 12.53.23 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-07-11 at 12.53.23 PM.png
    239.1 KB · Views: 626
Just wonder how should I restrict the Guest WIFI traffic on AC68U which is running AP mode?
I don't believe it is possible in AP mode. The router that the AP is connected to has no way of knowing which clients attached to the AP should be allowed LAN access and which should not.

I don't believe it is possible in AP mode. The router that the AP is connected to has no way of knowing which clients attached to the AP should be allowed LAN access and which should not.
Okey, I can have VLAN setup on my router to segregate traffic but how do I associate VLAN on Merlin build to Guest WIFI then?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!