What's new

Hardware acceleration for AX86u

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I wanted my Roku ultra hardwired bc it will be faster streaming.

You can watch Netflix/Amazon etc. in 4k over any WiFi connection ... even good old 54 Mbps wireless G, easily.

Anyway, it shouldn't hurt anything. It's just unnecessary.

You can watch Netflix/Amazon etc. in 4k over any WiFi connection ... even good old 54 Mbps wireless G, easily.

Anyway, it shouldn't hurt anything. It's just unnecessary.

Ok great. People are calling me crazy on the forums ; rightly so out of ignorance

thank you for being patient. So all good on my end ?

Clearly, you have no idea how to set up or manage a secure home network. My guess is that a Verizon rep sold you a bill of goods when they sold you the MOCA units.

Your system should be: ONT--Asus Router--MOCA--MOCA--Ethernet. Other Ethernet off of the router.
My read is that if you connect the MOCA to the ONT then connect an Ethernet device you will by-pass the firewall. which is not a good idea.
We will allow you to ask stupid questions in this forum. But be prepared to not get an answer.
Check the rest of this thread

I just took out the Poe filter… where was it supposed to go again? Or if I even need it? Verizon had one there already I think
You actually had the POE filter in the right spot, I missed it in your original diagram. You definitely want it between the ONT and the splitter where you had it. I didn’t see one in the setup video.