What's new

Have any RT-AC56U owners updated to firmware v.378.9135?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jontalk

I'm seeing lots of threads from owners of more current routers (AC87, et) having update problems, but none from those who own the AC56U like I do.

I have no interest in bricking my router or having any problems which is why I'm seeking others with the same device to see if they've manually updated. I've been running with v. 378.4585 without any problems in case you're wondering

Thanks.

I recommend you wait. The recent 9000 series of firmware have stability issues at the webui level, where some network clients can cause the web interface to crash. This should already be fixed internally by Asus for their next releases.

OK got it. I'm grateful for the response and recommendation too. I'll delete the download and monitor the Asus website to watch for the next release.

I did upgrade on one of my ac56u routers. It has started to occasionally reboot for reasons related to ddns. Have never had this happen using Merlin on my other 56u.

Sent from my SD4930UR using Tapatalk

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!