What's new

Help me pick AC or AX ?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

dvan56

New Around Here
Hello all

Only these models are available in my country: RT-AC68Uv3, RT-AX56U and RT-AX82U.
I think the better choice is AX82, but it almost cost 50% more than AX56, so not sure if it worth spending that much.
My Internet speed is 300 Mb symmetrical and my devices are mainly AC, with one AX.

Well, it is what you need. The AX82U has 4x4 5 GHz radios and a tri-core processor while the AX56U has 2x2 5 GHz radios and a quad-core processor. The AX56U may be a good starting point if cost is a factor. AX would future proof things for you. The AX56U is supported by Merlin firmware if you want more features. In the end it is your call.

Is Wi-Fi 6 Worth It

Wi-Fi 6 Pt 2

Change the terminology (as needed) in the links above for AC vs. AX and I believe the benefits of the newer hardware are almost always worth the extra cost. Particularly if you don't upgrade router equipment yearly.

Current Order of Recommended Routers Late 2021

I feel that you don't have access to the routers in the link above, but do you need to buy a new router today? If you don't, I would wait for one of the suggested models in the link instead.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!