What's new

Help regarding identifying port forwarding

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Zack

New Around Here
Hi guys,

New here. I have an Asus RT-AC88U connected to the net with 3 pcs and a NAS and a couple phones and tablets in LAN. I have 2 ports forwarded from my NAS to host my website. There are no other ports redirected or forwarded to my knowledge/manually done by me.

However today I was going through my router logs and found this 5-6 ports being redirected from one of my pc on the LAN. I cannot find out which application is causing this. There is no settings in the router that is forwarding the ports except the two I mentioned above I did manually and 80, 443 and 8443 for the router SSL remote connection and VPN.

How do I find out what is causing these forwards and what app/software is doing this? I tried searching only comes up with nimbus controller. But there is nothing installed in that pc that matches this name.

Here is an image of the forwards.
The ones not marked red. The red ones I know about and done manually.
192.168.1.78 is a pc on the LAN hardwired
192.168.1.97 is a Pixel 2 phone on 5ghz wireless
Annotation 2020-06-12 181725.jpg

What is causing these forwards/redirects?

Hi guys,

New here. I have an Asus RT-AC88U connected to the net with 3 pcs and a NAS and a couple phones and tablets in LAN. I have 2 ports forwarded from my NAS to host my website. There are no other ports redirected or forwarded to my knowledge/manually done by me.

However today I was going through my router logs and found this 5-6 ports being redirected from one of my pc on the LAN. I cannot find out which application is causing this. There is no settings in the router that is forwarding the ports except the two I mentioned above I did manually and 80, 443 and 8443 for the router SSL remote connection and VPN.

How do I find out what is causing these forwards and what app/software is doing this? I tried searching only comes up with nimbus controller. But there is nothing installed in that pc that matches this name.

Here is an image of the forwards.
The ones not marked red. The red ones I know about and done manually.
192.168.1.78 is a pc on the LAN hardwired
192.168.1.97 is a Pixel 2 phone on 5ghz wireless
View attachment 24048

What is causing these forwards/redirects?
Are you running Nvidia Gamestream on the PC?

https://nvidia.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3643/related/1

Thanks that was it. Had to uninstall GeForeExpreience and it is gone. Strangely though I also have it on my other pc but port forward does not show up due to that.

Wait, is GeForce experience a security vulnerability? I have a 2060KO and have geforce experience installed for the driver updates. I don't game at all. If this is an issue, I'll just manually update drivers.