What's new

Help With AT&T 2GB and 5GB Mixed with ASUS GT-AXE16000

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ebaydan777

New Around Here
Hello, I want to inquire about the GT-AXE16000 I recently purchased and AT&T 2GB and 5GB speeds offered at my home. I signed up for 2GB because I got a good promo where I live, and currently I have the Nokia BGW320-505 model in the house. I connected the 5GB port from the BGW320 to the 2.5GB WAN on the Asus router. Will I get full 2GB speeds once they come out and provision it tomorrow or do I have to still do the Dual Wan (1 ethernet cable in WAN and 1 ethernet cable in LAN 4). I assume the BGW320 hardware has a 5GB ethernet so just plugging that to the 2.5GB wan should work? Essentially I Have CAT8 from 5G port of BGW320-505 --> 2.5GB WAN Asus GT-AXE16000 --> 10gb Port in Z690 Mobo PC. I am getting capped at 1gb up/down so what am I doing wrong (dual wan not enabled in Asus router).

I connected the 5GB port from the BGW320 to the 2.5GB WAN on the Asus router. Will I get full 2GB speeds once they come out and provision it tomorrow

You should - at least between the BGW and the Router - I can't say the routing performance of the router itself...

report back what you see once everything is provisioned up...

You should - at least between the BGW and the Router - I can't say the routing performance of the router itself...

report back what you see once everything is provisioned up...
Router is probably best you can get now, GT-AXE16000. Just not sure why I am not getting 2000/2000, stuck at 1gb/1gb

Hello, I want to inquire about the GT-AXE16000 I recently purchased and AT&T 2GB and 5GB speeds offered at my home. I signed up for 2GB because I got a good promo where I live, and currently I have the Nokia BGW320-505 model in the house. I connected the 5GB port from the BGW320 to the 2.5GB WAN on the Asus router. Will I get full 2GB speeds once they come out and provision it tomorrow or do I have to still do the Dual Wan (1 ethernet cable in WAN and 1 ethernet cable in LAN 4). I assume the BGW320 hardware has a 5GB ethernet so just plugging that to the 2.5GB wan should work? Essentially I Have CAT8 from 5G port of BGW320-505 --> 2.5GB WAN Asus GT-AXE16000 --> 10gb Port in Z690 Mobo PC. I am getting capped at 1gb up/down so what am I doing wrong (dual wan not enabled in Asus router).

What speed does the AXE16000 webUI System Status report for its 2.5G WAN port connected to the Nokia port? Should be 2.5Gbps, yes?

OE

You should get 2.3gbps up/down. I have frontier 2gbps fiber, no issues in consistent 2.3gbps.

Has the service been provisioned yet ? you stated it was going to be provisioned, at which time it would be 2gb...if its not provisioned, your thruput will be whatever it has been before you bought the 2gb service, which might explain the 1gb results..run the Routers built in speed test to the internet and see what you
get..below is my router to isp speed.. ONT >>>> 2.5 g >>>>ax6000 2.5g wan port...

1682136772737.png

Last edited:
Has the service been provisioned yet ? you stated it was going to be provisioned, at which time it would be 2gb...if its not provisioned, your thruput will be whatever it has been before you bought the 2gb service, which might explain the 1gb results..run the Routers built in speed test to the internet and see what you
get..below is my router to isp speed.. ONT >>>> 2.5 g >>>>ax6000 2.5g wan port...

Hopefully in the 8 months since it was posted they've come out and provisioned it. I know wait times are long but that would be ridiculous.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!