What's new

Help with RT-AC68U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

jfim88

Occasional Visitor
Hello

I have a Xavi 7968+ (Movistar Spain) in bridge mode connected to the Asus RT-AC68U.

RT-AC68 is in spanish language and latest firmware.

All good and internet up. But a few questions.

1) I have the same SSID and Pass for 2,4 and 5. Its correct for simultaneous dual? I dont know how is better.

2) i read that is better to turn air radar off. How i can turn it off?

3) i notice that when in my Nexus 5, some app doesnt refresh in wifi. For example in Twitter app, the timeline doesnt refresh, and if i turn off wifi and put in 3G, it refresh good. Any ideas?

Enviado desde mi Nexus 5 mediante Tapatalk

You can't have one device connect to both bands at the same time, if that's what you mean by "simultaneous dual". The way you have it is fine, if you don't care about your devices switching from 2.4ghz to 5ghz and back without you doing anything.

AiRadar is a marketing term for Asus' proprietary way of controlling signal levels to various clients. The closest you can do to turning it off is to disable beamforming, which you can do in the advanced wifi settings.

The app refreshing thing sounds like a general issue connecting to those servers, or maybe DNS issues, with your home ISP that doesn't affect your 3G provider. As a test, you can try setting your DNS server to one like Google's (8.8.8.8) and see if it works.

You can't have one device connect to both bands at the same time, if that's what you mean by "simultaneous dual". The way you have it is fine, if you don't care about your devices switching from 2.4ghz to 5ghz and back without you doing anything.

AiRadar is a marketing term for Asus' proprietary way of controlling signal levels to various clients. The closest you can do to turning it off is to disable beamforming, which you can do in the advanced wifi settings.

The app refreshing thing sounds like a general issue connecting to those servers, or maybe DNS issues, with your home ISP that doesn't affect your 3G provider. As a test, you can try setting your DNS server to one like Google's (8.8.8.8) and see if it works.

Ok and thanks!!! I'll test to disable beamforming.

The DNS i have are the same i had in my ISP router before install the Asus one. (Movistar DNS).

Ok and thanks!!! I'll test to disable beamforming.

The DNS i have are the same i had in my ISP router before install the Asus one. (Movistar DNS).

In addition, i have some problems to enter the router page. A few hours when i gone work, it works well. Now, i put the ip in firefox and dont enter in the asus setup. But internet works well.
But if i enter with the smartphone (wifi) it works. I think i have a conflict with the two routers ip.

Have the Asus in 192.168.1.1 and ISP in 192.168.2.1.

Last edited:
Ok now i have the asus in 192.168.1.1 and the ISP router at 192.168.1.2

I can access the asus well but no to the Xavi.

I have DHCP on in the xavi. I need to turn it off?

Hopefully someone with a network more like yours will come and correct me, but I think you're supposed to only have one DHCP server on your network. I could be wrong though. Also, I don't know if that's the reason you can't access both of your routers.

Please help me! How do you think about the DNS problem?

Please i need help!

When i put the DNS in the asus, twitter refresh runs but one minute after it doesnt refesh... Im frustating...

Tested with google dns and open dns and same result.

As previously suggested, try setting your DNS on the Asus to Googles DNS server at 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4
I also have my ISP router and the Asus running as DHCP servers, at least until the firmware is updated in the Asus to plug port 445. Until then, be aware you will be under the effects of double NAT which can slow things down and possibly cause you some trouble with your Nexus.
If you can turn off DHCP on one device or the other, I think you will see some positive effects.

Solved the issue disabling the HW Accelerator option in the Asus!

Now i need to know how to setup the IPs to can enter to the two routers menus

What do you mean by port 445?

Your ISP router, set it to 192.168.10.1.

Asus router set it to 192.100.10.1

This should resolve your issues.

How is better for wifi setup?

One SSID for 2,4 and another for 5Ghz? Or the same name and WPA for both?

Don't use WPA; use WPA2 Personal AES instead.

Better to have separate ssid's so that YOU can decide which band you want each device connected to.

Don't use WPA; use WPA2 Personal AES instead.

Better to have separate ssid's so that YOU can decide which band you want each device connected to.

Yes sorry i have WPA2. OK. If put the same for both, the device decide?

Yes, the device will decide. But in a dumb way. It will not be the best signal, nor the best throughput that you may want, depending on the distance and the use of your device at that particular moment.

Nor will it switch back to the better band when you move closer either.

Another question. I need to disable Nat acceleration (HW acceleration in older firms). If Nat acceleration is on, some apps in my smartphone don't works good, for example Twitter doesn't load tweets.

Why?

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!