What's new

uiDivStats Hi CPU Usage, won't settle

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

El Mariachi

Occasional Visitor
Hi Guys,

My RT-AX88U experiences an unsettled CPU when UIDivstats is installed. The cores interpolate at 100% each at a reasonably consistent rhythm. This does not happen to my other locations setup. The only difference that site has is that it uses a different USB stick. Could this be the cause?

The USB stick I am using on the problematic setup is a Toshiba USB3.0 16GB thing. The other setup which works has a basic Sandisk Cruzer USB3.0 16gb stick.

TOP shows nothing specific which would explain it.

Try enabling cache mode in uiDivStats. This mitigates slow r/w on usb

Thanks @Jack Yaz . How long after installation and enabling caching should I reasonably expect to wait before it should settle?

Thanks @Jack Yaz . How long after installation and enabling caching should I reasonably expect to wait before it should settle?
once caching is on, it should drop straight away (unless there's any pending non-cache r/w operations going on).
can you post the output of below command please?
Code:
ps | grep -i uidivstats

once caching is on, it should drop straight away (unless there's any pending non-cache r/w operations going on).
can you post the output of below command please?
Code:
ps | grep -i uidivstats

Took about 5 minutes to settle. Good stuff mate, thank you. Almost as if you wrote the script ;)

Here is the output as requested:

16091 admin 3476 S {taildnstotal-ca} /bin/sh /jffs/addons/uiDivStats.d/
16102 admin 3476 S {taildnstotal-ca} /bin/sh /jffs/addons/uiDivStats.d/
23199 admin 5432 S grep uiDivStats

Took about 5 minutes to settle. Good stuff mate, thank you. Almost as if you wrote the script ;)

Here is the output as requested:

16091 admin 3476 S {taildnstotal-ca} /bin/sh /jffs/addons/uiDivStats.d/
16102 admin 3476 S {taildnstotal-ca} /bin/sh /jffs/addons/uiDivStats.d/
23199 admin 5432 S grep uiDivStats
that looks about right :) glad it settled, probably pending writes to the USB finishing up before caching kicks in (which only writes once every 5mins storing data in memory/tmpfs)