What's new

Hi guys,need a help about stubby logging thru SSH

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

doublehd

Regular Contributor
How I can disable the stubby logging (stubby -l) ? my router's syslog full of those msgs..Thanks for it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-04-09 ASUS Wireless Router RT-AC88U - General Log.png
    Screenshot_2021-04-09 ASUS Wireless Router RT-AC88U - General Log.png
    379.4 KB · Views: 187
Change log level on stubby

# uci set stubby.global.log_level='2'
# uci commit
# /etc/init.d/stubby restart

Stubby should not be logging unless you enabled it.

Stubby should not be logging unless you enabled it.
Indeed.

From one of Dave's earlier posts:
To disable:
Bash:
nvram unset stubby_debug
service restart_stubby
Although I don't know why the output would end up in the syslog rather than its own log file. It looks like the OP has intentionally enabled logging but via a different method.

Last edited:
Those don't look like asuswrt commands. They look like OpenWRT commands. Did you try them? Did it work?
so I should stay put ?
Indeed.

From one of Dave's earlier posts:

Although I don't know why the output would end up in the syslog rather than its own log file. It looks like the OP has intentionally enabled logging but via a different method.
argh,I was just key in "stubby -l" from SSH,and saw those msgs rolling from it should be.I then exited SSH.But it turns out those msgs found in the router's syslog...gosh.Thanks colin,will kick myself to fix it.

so I should stay put ?

argh,I was just key in "stubby -l" from SSH,and saw those msgs rolling from it should be.I then exited SSH.But it turns out those msgs found in the router's syslog...gosh.Thanks colin,will kick myself to fix it.
Just reboot the router and they should stop, if they didn't do so when you logged out of SSH.

When you run stubby -l from the command line the output will go to the sys log. Ctrl + c will stop the logging. Any other means of restarting Stubby will stop logging.

When you run stubby -l from the command line the output will go to the sys log. Ctrl + c will stop the logging. Any other means of restarting Stubby will stop logging.
I did pressed ctrl+c but no luck.It just seemed to be activated the logging on router lol.

Those don't look like asuswrt commands. They look like OpenWRT commands. Did you try them? Did it work?
No, i did some googling for him, thought that would point him in the direction he needed to go. Apologies if it mislead.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!