What's new

Entware How can I determine if my drive is failing and needs replacement?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

heysoundude

Part of the Furniture
I've been noticing when power to my router is interrupted lately, Unbound often fails to populate the GUI graphs even though it seems to be working when I check amtm.
Is my drive failing, or do I need to fully reset my router and re-install my addons? What sort of logs do I need to provide here for diagnosis?
@L&LD and/or @Martineau ?

Don't need logs, use a UPS. :)

I've been noticing when power to my router is interrupted lately, Unbound often fails to populate the GUI graphs even though it seems to be working when I check amtm.
Is my drive failing, or do I need to fully reset my router and re-install my addons? What sort of logs do I need to provide here for diagnosis?
I suggest you remove the "Entware" prefix from your title as you're not asking a question about Entware.

If your USB drive is failing you'll see errors reported in the router's syslog.

I suggest you remove the "Entware" prefix from your title as you're not asking a question about Entware.

If your USB drive is failing you'll see errors reported in the router's sysl
I think I'll leave it for its flames to tickle your hindquarters in perpetuity, but also for potential future searchers in case they call their USB drive "the entware drive for scripts"

I think I'll leave it for its flames to tickle your hindquarters in perpetuity, but also for potential future searchers in case they call their USB drive "the entware drive for scripts"
Your choice. But you were the one asking for help. So by posting in the wrong subforum (it's not a question about add-ons) with an inappropriate prefix you're just restricting your own audience.

Does the GUI tab appear?

if it does, then you could try to see if the cron job is actually defined, if it is then you could try to execute the cronjob manually (i.e. before its scheduled invocation) to see if the graphs are then populated.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!