What's new

How do i find out which addon or script/ setting prevents my devices to connect to the router and the internet

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

B255ea006

Regular Contributor
Hi, :)

i have installed and running a view addons and since a now i cannot connect to the router with my Android devices or Printer/ Scanner. Only my Windows Laptop is able to connect to the router and the internet. I am quessing it is a conflic in the addons because if i pull out the USB stick with the addons everything starts working. The question now is how do i find out which setting/ script or addon causes the issue.

Anyhelp? I am open for advice.

What do i need to share to progress my issue?

Regards

2023-02-05.png

Does that mean anything?

Feb 5 00:58:18 RT-AX86S-D128 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(505): eth6: Auth 00:E8:D8:72:XX:XX, status: Successful (0)
Feb 5 00:58:18 RT-AX86S-D128 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(534): eth6: Assoc 00:E8:D8:72:XX:XX, status: Successful (0)
Feb 5 00:58:37 RT-AX86S-D128 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(469): eth6: Deauth_ind 00:E8:D8:72:XX:XX, status: 0, reason: Deauthenticated because sending station is leaving (or has left) IBSS or ESS (3)
Feb 5 00:59:03 RT-AX86S-D128 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(505): eth6: Auth 00:E8:D8:72:XX:XX, status: Successful (0)
Feb 5 00:59:06 RT-AX86S-D128 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(534): eth6: Assoc 00:E8:D8:72:XX:XX, status: Successful (0)
Feb 5 00:59:27 RT-AX86S-D128 wlceventd: wlceventd_proc_event(469): eth6: Deauth_ind 00:E8:D8:72:XX:XX, status: 0, reason: Deauthenticated because sending station is leaving (or has left) IBSS or ESS (3)

Why is not the device connecting.

You appear to have everything installed. I suggest a factory reset first then only install scripts that are actually used, one at a time checking connectivity with each one.

You appear to have everything installed. I suggest a factory reset first then only install scripts that are actually used, one at a time checking connectivity with each one.
@Ripshod Hi! :cool:

Great idea. but that means more, much more learning by doing and trail and error. That´s so unfortunate! But i will do! :)

If you've been making lots of changes, then literally power cycling the router (dismount the USB first), and then power cycling devices may help. *Yes I am saying turn it off and then turn it back on*
The only thing on your list that could easily mess things up if improperly used is YazFi (which is great if you need it), so maybe start by just removing YazFi!

The screenshot is too small to read easily, but only half of the addons are installed (they show “open” instead of “install”).
Well spotted. My poor old eyes o_O

If you've been making lots of changes, then literally power cycling the router (dismount the USB first), and then power cycling devices may help. *Yes I am saying turn it off and then turn it back on*
The only thing on your list that could easily mess things up if improperly used is YazFi (which is great if you need it), so maybe start by just removing YazFi!
I have no use for a guest network and i have turned it off. I don't have guests and i don't want them. So I don't need that access and this extra separate WLAN signal only cause a plus on electric smock in my already polluted area with the signals from all of my neighbours. Please save me.

Hi, :)

i have installed and running a view addons and since a now i cannot connect to the router with my Android devices or Printer/ Scanner. Only my Windows Laptop is able to connect to the router and the internet. I am quessing it is a conflic in the addons because if i pull out the USB stick with the addons everything starts working. The question now is how do i find out which setting/ script or addon causes the issue.
It really sounds to me like either your 2.4ghz or 5ghz range is either misconfigured or not functioning, causing one set of devices to be able to connect, while the others can't. Not a clue as to why when pulling your USB that everything starts working. I echo the previous comment suggesting doing a complete factory reset, only making small measurable/testable changes, and only loading the addons you *truly* need.

It really sounds to me like either your 2.4ghz or 5ghz range is either misconfigured or not functioning, causing one set of devices to be able to connect, while the others can't. Not a clue as to why when pulling your USB that everything starts working. I echo the previous comment suggesting doing a complete factory reset, only making small measurable/testable changes, and only loading the addons you *truly* need.
It's not the WiFi i am almost sure but here is also a device connected per cable a scanner/ printer ️ and a couple device's via a Powerline network also per Ethernet cable and there is only my Laptop able to connect to the internet.

But i have already started to start the add-on thing from the scratch and already formated the USB flash drive and without the previous setup everything has connection.

Now trail and error a s learning by doing is on top of my agenda.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!