What's new

Voxel How do I set Orbi RBK50 to assign PiHole IP as DNS Server on all DHCP clients?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

V25

New Around Here
I've followed W1lliam's steps here: http://www.snbforums.com/threads/r7800-wifi-router-login-dns-relay.50389/post-449238
The steps are for an r7800, but nuts and bolts seem to be compatible with my Orbi (running Voxel's v. 9.2.5.2.16SF-HW on both the RBR50 & RBS50).
All fine, but after rebooting per step 7 of those instructions, the /etc/init.d/net-lan file reverts back to "option dns $($CONFIG get lan_ipaddr)" instead of my confirmed modified saved file with "option dns 192.168.1.2"
(192.168.1.1 is my RBR50 gateway which is also my DHCP server, and 192.168.1.2 is the PiHole DNS).

All I'm trying to do is to have my PiHole DNS to not see all traffic as coming from my router.

Appreciate any help/ideas anyone has!

If you are using Voxel you should save your configuration file on the external drive and then it restores it after reboot

If you are using Voxel you should save your configuration file on the external drive and then it restores it after reboot
Ah, you're right. I completely forgot about the tmpfs overlay partitions as Voxel explained in the QuickStart.txt bundled with the FW images - Thanks for the reminder!

Confirmed. It worked once I put an ext4 formatted USB stick in the RBR50's USB port, and put a copy of the edited net-plan to /overlay/etc/init.d/ on that USB drive. Thanks!

Last edited:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!