What's new

How Not To Fix a Hot-running ASUS router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

you have checked your crystal ball now
Crystal Ball is having problems accessing the alpha-beta_380.69_announcement table in the RMerlin_superdev.local database (Mysql on @MerlinDev.localhost).
This error may be related to the following previously reported reasons:
"Alpha, Beta or release versions are posted only when they are ready to post"

There may be more reasons but due to the frequency this error comes up, only the topmost reason is given.

Crystal Ball is having problems accessing the alpha-beta_380.69_announcement table in the RMerlin_superdev.local database (Mysql on @MerlinDev.localhost).
This error may be related to the following previously reported reasons:
"Alpha, Beta or release versions are posted only when they are ready to post"

There may be more reasons but due to the frequency this error comes up, only the topmost reason is given.
The build 380.69 is available on asuswrt download page

Okay, I've followed all the steps in this thread. I've taken my 87U apart, pried off the heat sinks, pried the chips off the motherboard and unplugged the router. To clean out the viruses I put it through the dishwasher, but it only melted a little.

But now I don't have internet. Please help!!

Okay, I've followed all the steps in this thread. I've taken my 87U apart, pried off the heat sinks, pried the chips off the motherboard and unplugged the router. To clean out the viruses I put it through the dishwasher, but it only melted a little.

But now I don't have internet. Please help!!
Only a little of your ...

Only a little of your ...
... Dishwasher melted? Contact Asus, this could be a heater issue.
What's your water calcium concentration? Might up that to increase conductivity.

so I'm the only one with a liquid nitrogen cooled router?

so I'm the only one with a liquid nitrogen cooled router?
My router still runs on water. Is nitrogen better?
Here's my router, can you spot the blue circuit board?

6geuqyG.jpg

it is I get sub zero temps, and I have amazing wan to lan throughput, been over clocking the cpu hard.

You are not locked, and as Tim implies (see previous post), there's no reason at all to lock you out of the forum. But if you are genuine, and if you want help, you must supply the information people have asked you for.

You are not locked, and as Tim implies (see previous post), there's no reason at all to lock you out of the forum. But if you are genuine, and if you want help, you must supply the information people have asked you for.
And heed the advice we've given all along.
90 DEGREES IS NO REASON TO BE CONCERNED FOR THE CPU.
There, I said it for the umpteenth time.

^^^ Keyboard is also overheating? Better take the keys away ^^^

Edit: Argh, user has deleted the post above this one.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!