What's new

How to achieve xfinity multi-gig "Gigabit extra" 1200mbps connection

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I appreciate your situation and wanting to tinker to pass the time. Last year I experimented with dual wan a bit using AX 86u and a 300mbps fiber connection and a T-Mobile home internet connection that would top out at 690 Mbps download. Ultimately couldn’t get it to work. I kept the Fios internet and honestly it is more than enough for my family needs. But trying to get it to work was the fun part

Been using an SB8200 modem with a Asus RT-AX88U router for a couple years with my 1.2Gbps Comcast tier, I suppose I'm one of the few fortunate people who don't seem to get any issues with this modem and router while having Link Aggregation and WAN Aggregation enabled.

Here's a speed test of mine from not too long ago, along with a few pictures of my equipment. Is it just more common of a problem depending on where you live?
20230803_035001.jpg
20230803_035923.jpg
Screenshot_20230803_042355_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20230803_034545_Gallery.jpg

Been using an SB8200 modem with a Asus RT-AX88U router for a couple years with my 1.2Gbps Comcast tier, I suppose I'm one of the few fortunate people who don't seem to get any issues with this modem and router while having Link Aggregation and WAN Aggregation enabled.

Here's a speed test of mine from not too long ago, along with a few pictures of my equipment. Is it just more common of a problem depending on where you live? View attachment 52108

I would trade a gig of that download for another 100 or even 50 upload any day.

This is the problem with Comcast. They are in the process of implementing mid-split across their network, and upgraded the node in my area. But mid-split isn't turned on yet. Eventually the Gigabit Plus tier will get 200Mbps up on Comcast equipment and 100Mbps up on customer owned equipment.

Oh definitely, I remember wishing there were custom packages where you could trade whatever x amount of download speed for more upload speed. I have this tier for only $75 a month and there definitely aren't really any other better options around me.

What's sad is that I can get upto 70mbps upload through my phones AT&T 5G cell service in my area.