What's new

Unbound How to add local DNS entries when using unbound-manager

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sfatula

Regular Contributor
I need to be able to add some local DNS entries. Purpose is so I can resolve some local addresses when local, vs public IP when remote. So, normally, I would put these into a dnsmasq addn host file. But it seems that ping or dig to any address in those (including the ASUS hosts.dnsmasq file) fail. How can I get local IP addresses resolve by unbound?

Add lines to your /opt/share/unbound/configs/unbound.conf.add

local-zone: "site.domain.com." static
local-data: "site.domain.com. IN A 192.168.1.10"

That works, however, you cannot add more than one local-data line as otherwise it says duplicates exist in unbound-manager. I think there is a bug there. Works fine outside of unbound-manager. A trick seems to be put all those local statements in a second conf file and only add an include for the file to unbound.conf file.

That works, however, you cannot add more than one local-data line as otherwise it says duplicates exist in unbound-manager. I think there is a bug there. Works fine outside of unbound-manager. A trick seems to be put all those local statements in a second conf file and only add an include for the file to unbound.conf file.
Do you have an example of what you would like to do? According to this document, you should be able to add multiple local-data lines pointing to different IPs.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!