What's new

How to find the max up and download rates ?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

raion969

Hello

I use the flexqos and want to use 95% of my effective download and upload for best bufferbloat but on dls reports i get around 104 down and 20 up and on speedtest.net i get around 95 down and 19.5 upload how can i be sure what value i should use for the right size ?

You'll get different results using different speedtest out there. Start off with using 95% of dlsreports. Test it for a couple days. If you're seeing latency you may adjust either by 90/85% of those scores. You may them use speedtest results using the same 95/90/85% until you feel everything is running smoothly! At least for me and my comcast speeds I used 85% of my bandwidth in the past. Each environment will be different for all!

I'm trying spdMerlin: it seems to be giving the correct WAN speeds (meaning not affected by QoS) and can create a 7 or 30 day average value. I'm going to try 85% of that average value reported by spdMerlin.

For my connection, occasionally spdMerlin shows short-term drops well below the average value: during those short-term events I'm assuming QoS won't be working well :)

I would start with 95% of the lowest speedtest values reported. QoS won’t work well if your external bandwidth drops beneath what the router thinks your limits are.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!