What's new

How to increase speed of connection via VPN

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Fecorexo

New Around Here
Hello, I use a VPN software installed on my PC but sites download slower and slower each day. How can I check if the problem is with my PC or with a VPN server itself?

Hello, I use a VPN software installed on my PC but sites download slower and slower each day. How can I check if the problem is with my PC or with a VPN server itself?

Does the slowdown occur without the VPN in use? If so, it is your PC/network environment. If not, it is the VPN provider.

Does rebooting help? That may be an easy solution here. :)

Does the slowdown occur without the VPN in use? If so, it is your PC/network environment. If not, it is the VPN provider.

Does rebooting help? That may be an easy solution here. :)
Thanks a lot! It occurs While VPN is in use. I have to contact a VPN provider I think.

Thanks a lot! It occurs While VPN is in use. I have to contact a VPN provider I think.

Maybe just use a different server, if that is an option. :)

Most, or at least the ones I've seen, VPN providers give you a selection of servers to pick from and should give you an idea of how loaded they are. You may want to try switching servers or do some research into your specific VPN to see if the slowdown is configuration, a provider issue or a crappy app.