What's new

How to make this VPN Director working?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

As I told before - everything is working now. I just want to understand why GUI shows a wrong routing based on ip route output.
Good to hear that it is working now. The GUI output is the same as “route -n”, which is basically the same as “ip route” as you mentioned. It is linux way of handling routes.

As I told before - everything is working now. I just want to understand why GUI shows a wrong routing based on ip route output.
ip route on its own shows the "main" route table
ip route show table ovpnc3 shows the ovpnc3 routing table

the GUI shows the main table

Pardon me if I am asking stupid question.
Let's pay attention on ip route output (same as in GUI by the way).
"Main route table" says that all connections to 172.27.224.0/255.255.255.0 (i.e. 172.27.224.0/24) are going through tun13.
That is not correct as in fact all connections to 172.27.224.0/20 are going through tun13 as ip route show table ovpnc3 displays. The practice shows the later is true.

I just want to understand why ?main? table is incorrect and why GUI shows incorrect information.

Hey guys.

i have an AC86U with Firmware Version:386.5_2.
i´m using VPN connection, and need to add a rule.
if i enable the option under VPN client, there is no option to add a rule. is that a bug in this FW or am i doing wrong?
1649399799481.png

on my older router with older FW there is a + button to add a rule but it looks like it is missing now.

Hey guys.

i have an AC86U with Firmware Version:386.5_2.
i´m using VPN connection, and need to add a rule.
if i enable the option under VPN client, there is no option to add a rule. is that a bug in this FW or am i doing wrong?
View attachment 40667
on my older router with older FW there is a + button to add a rule but it looks like it is missing now.
Look at : VPN=> VPN Director => Add new rule

vpn diector.jpg

Last edited: