What's new

How to put a thermometer in the mouth of a Node?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

JT Strickland

Very Senior Member
Is there a way to check the temp of an Aimesh Node? I have an RT-AX86U in the attic, and it can get hot there in the summer.

if you are running merlin on the node, then ssh into it, run amtm and then install scmerlin, making sure USB features are disabled (unless you are also adding a usb device). You can check the temperature by ssh>amtm>j3 and choose option t (temperature).

OK, I will do that. Thanks!

There's a more complicated way too ;P

You could SSH in, install tempmon and scribe, and have scribe send the log data to the main (also with scribe) and set up tempmon's as a separate log, and then you just open the webui, go to system logs, click on the tempmon and see the temps for all your routers within the past "x" period.

You know it's not a good idea, so why do it?
Cause it's the best place logistically. I have 2 'lil usb fans on it, just want to keep an eye on it to make sure it don't get too warm.
We have AC up there too, just don't run it all the time. If it gets warm, I'll cool 'er off!
But I needed a way to take it's temp.
It's really not an attic. That's just how I've got the node labeled to track it.
But it does get hot up there sometimes.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!