What's new

Schedule reboot of AiMesh node

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

candrews99

New Around Here
Hi there,

I have an RT-AC86U (main router) and RT-AX56U (node), both running Merlin WRT. I have set up a reboot scheduler via AMTM, but I am wondering if I can do the same on the node to reboot at the same time?

If this is possible, how do I access the node via SSH, or is there another way to access the node and implement a script? I am new to this software, so any insight would be helpful.

Thanks!

If you really need to reboot on a schedule your system has issues. Better address the issues first.

If you really need to reboot on a schedule your system has issues. Better address the issues first.
A fair point, however, I have set up a reboot schedule of once per week on the main router. There are no issues with the system as of yet, I would just like to have the node reboot at the same time as the rest of the system. But thanks for your reply.

You may be missing what is implied, but not spelled out.

Rebooting needlessly is another way to introduce instability in your network.

Routers are meant to be on 24/7, after all.

The reboot scheduler should reboot all the AiMesh nodes as well. I have two 68U in an AiMesh which i set to reboot once a week, and I've watched the node reboot as well.