What's new

How to save JFFS

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Armann Singh

New Around Here
Hey, I just installed Merlin on my RT N66U. On the firmware upgrade page, it says to save the JFFS files. What is it and how do I save them? Thanks I am newbie.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-12-05-22-23-39.png
    Screenshot_2015-12-05-22-23-39.png
    285.2 KB · Views: 520
If you don't know, then you probably don't have anything custom written to there as well... ;)

Merlin will implement JFFS backup in near future in hes firmware.
Untill then you can use winscp to access it and copy contents.

In short, JFFS is additional read-write partition on your router flash, which is used for custom configs, custom scripts, etc in Merlins firmware...
AFAIK Openvpn keys are kept there as well.

This is just a warning, because router firmware upgrade may remove and recreate it, so you would loose anything stored there.

Hey, I just installed Merlin on my RT N66U. On the firmware upgrade page, it says to save the JFFS files. What is it and how do I save them? Thanks I am newbie.
Hi,

If you install the latest .57 alpha version you will find the functionality on your N66U router under Administration and Restore/Save/Upload Setting. :rolleyes:
Otherwise you need to attach a thumb drive and use Telnet/Putty command-line instructions to copy the /JFFS folder structure to it (and back) - or you use John's NVRAM Save/Restore Utility to do the job for you.

With kind regards
Joe :cool:

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!