What's new

How to set the link speed on GT-AX11000?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Frankosun

New Around Here
Hi all,

i would like to know if there is some way how to setup the WAN port speed to 1G Full Duplex permanently. The port is set to autonegotiation (found via SSH). I was able to figure out how to set the port to 1G Full Duplex but the settings disappeared after while and i would like to change the config somewhere via SSH to make it permanent. Does anybody knows how to do it?

Thank you.

Welcome to the forums @Frankosun.

What is the issue that this is needed? Does the link speed drop to a slower negotiation?

If that is the case, have you tried solving the actual issue instead, by testing with better quality cables?

Welcome to the forums @Frankosun.

What is the issue that this is needed? Does the link speed drop to a slower negotiation?

If that is the case, have you tried solving the actual issue instead, by testing with better quality cables?
Hi, thank you for your reply. Yes this is my issue that negotiation after while set the port speed to 100M FD. I have the cables of cat 8 SFPA between my router and the outlet from my ISP. Between the outlet of ISP up to the switch of ISP there is only cat 5e cable which should be enough for 1G FD speed. But the negotiation between the border switch and my home router is working on 1G only for couple of minutes and then goes to 100M. We have already checked the cable between the outlet and switch of ISP and seems to be ok as well. The switch is also supporting 1G on each ports. When we set manually (me and ISP) on our devices (my router, ISP switch) the link speed on ports to 1G it persist for a longer period and then it goes again to 100M. When i reconnected to my router via SSH after i set the port speed manually to 1G the port speed was set to 100M.

Those Cat8 cables are suspect. Test with quality Cat5e cables instead (I would test from at least two different manufacturers).

The issue may not be the cable (wires) specifically, but rather the connectors, instead of/also.