What's new

How to setup Asus Zenwifi XT8 behind router and switch.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

rt2016

Regular Contributor
Hi all,

I do have huge trouble with the set up around Zenwifi xt8.
Do have a DSL modem which has connection to the router RT-AC88U, behind that one I do have a Zyxel Switch.

From there I'd like to have the Zenwifi XT8 established.

I did unbox the 2 AP from Zenwifi XT8 and switched the LAN cable into the WAN port in the mesh device.

So far without any success. I can't get it running. Tried a mesh point but then I got the message that I do have weak signal. I was then going nearby the router and the signal was brilliant, but did get error notification that the pairing didn't took place.

I did also try to get into the device by calling asus.router.com and also that failed. So I have no idea anymore how I can turn the chicken around.

Could anybody help me what I can do to get that running?

best regards
rt2016

Does that mean I have to switch my main router into Access point AP mode? Or is that wrong understood?

I missed the part you have another Asus router, sorry. Use AiMesh setup guide instead. Your Zyxel switch may be an issue between the Router and the Nodes. Setup the AiMesh system without the switch first, move the nodes where you want them to be after and see if AiMesh still works.

I read meanwhile a lot of tutorials around the topic. Is it correct that I have to change the settings under manage to Ethernet first?

Last edited:
I did it by doing the patching of the Zenwifi directly with the router so I have both routers online.

Thanks a lot for helping out.

best regards
rt2016

I think your AC88U router is the weak link in your system. When you upgrade your ISP, you may have to upgrade this router too.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!