What's new

HP ProCurve 1810-24G price hike

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

MrFixit

Occasional Visitor
Hi,

Just looking to order one of these switches (in the UK) with all the recommendations here, and the price has suddenly shot up from ~£180 to £260+. What gives? :eek:

I have noticed that there may be a newer a hardware revision out i.e.J9450A#ACC, whereas the lower prices were for the J9450A#ABB model.

So, is there a "new" hardware revision out, and what is the difference anyway? The HP website seems silent on this. Does anyone know anything?

Hi - yes we have purchased a second 24 port version and yes its a new hardware revision with new software interface......as for the price hike...well, they are popular, maybe they've just cornered the market and hiked the price.

argint,

Thanks for responding. Would you say it was worth paying that much extra (£~80) for this new revision? Does it provide any additional capabilities / features? Also, is the software interface a real improvement or much the same but prettier?

Thanks for any info, as I am struggling to justify the price rise, though still trying to get the older revision at the cheaper price (though they seem to be drying up fast).

Well, it looks like I got lucky. I caught one on Ebay (new, boxed) for £183 inc P&P, just before their price went up to £275!!! :eek:

Additionally, as there was a shipping delay (probably while they thought about it!) they ended up giving me £20 off that for goodwill. :D:D

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!