What's new

HT160 and lower channels on the R7800

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I'm using channel 40 and I'm connected stably at 1733 with both AX201 and AX210. Not sure what supports which. I just know its stable and its fast.

Yeah it’s using Channels 36-64 @ HT160, so there’s no avoiding DFS. Infact your router in the status page will show those channels in use under the 5Ghz heading.

There was however a bug if I recall where selecting channel 36 would lock it at 80Mhz on one router don’t recall which at the moment but I don’t ever recall ever having that issue with the R7800 since the beta days, unless NG screwed up on a recent firmware.

Regardless I’m glad you have it working to your expectations now.

Last edited:
Forgot I could see....

Maybe just dumb luck nothing in my area is stepping on those lower DFS channels.

The R7800 continues to be of high value.

Capture.JPG

Just checking my understanding. The R7800 does the 80+80 bonding thing which isn't the same as 80+80? It doesn't have a stand alone 80mhz capability. In this article it says the R7800 and R9000 do. The R7800 does not correct? Again IF I'm reading it correctly.

When they say 80+80, they do mean split bonding, it's the same thing, the R7800 supports it, but I don't know any clients devices that do though.

Last edited:
The way 8 contiguous channels are denoted is 160 MHz. The way two groups of four channels are denoted is 80+80.

The R7800's Qualcomm chipset is capable of supporting both modes. But, as @avtella says, no devices support 80+80 for the reasons previously described.

And that’s different than routers that have 80ghz support, like 20/40/80?

And if they did 2 groups of 4 channels they could avoid the DFS channels?

And that’s different than routers that have 80ghz support, like 20/40/80?
What is different? Yes, 160 and 80+80 support is different from 20/40/80.
And if they did 2 groups of 4 channels they could avoid the DFS channels?
Yes. That's one of the reasons for 80+80. It eliminates the need to have 8 contiguous channels.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!