What's new

I cannot install Merlin on my AC88U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

OnlyTheBest

New Around Here
Hi, when I load the latest version of Merlin RT-AC88U_386.7_2, when I try to load it on my AC88U, it tells me "Signed Version" and does not load the firmware.

Attachments

• photo_2022-08-09_00-37-31.jpg
    photo_2022-08-09_00-37-31.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 103
You're loading the wrong firmware. You have a DSL-AC88U, not a RT-AC88U. Merlin doesn't make firmware for the DSL-AC88U.

I just realized it..
Does RT-AC88U support ADSL? Or can you recommend a better modem?
Now I have to send this back..

No xDSL modem in RT-AC88U. The best modem for your ISP is your ISP recommended modem. It will be guaranteed compatible with their network.

I'm not sure this model runs Asuswrt. Ask here:

I would get a separate modem and an Asuswrt-Merlin supported router instead. Why binding the router with your current ISP service?

I'm not sure this model runs Asuswrt. Ask here:

I would get a separate modem and an Asuswrt-Merlin supported router instead. Why binding the router with your current ISP service?
Mainly I bought this router for the ability to install a fixed indoor vpn .. My ISP is Telecom Italia

I understand, but you didn't do your homework well. Get a modem recommended by your ISP and a router with Asuswrt-Merlin support.

One of often recommended models here on SNB Forum is RT-AX86U. There is a cheaper alternative available RT-AX86S.

The DSL-AX88U does not even run Asuswrt, so supporting it in either Asuswrt-Merlin or Gnuton's fork is flat out impossible.