What's new

I think RT-AC86U seems to have a fatal security vulnerability.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

SKA

hello, i'm south korean. and.. Please forgive my translator English.

My RT-AC86U router seems to be hacked by pro hacker.
They can monitor what I do through computers in real time.
This is my very personal idea, I think RT-AC86U seems to share the AUTHENTICATION BYPASS VULATERABILIT of ASUS GT-AC2900 Router. or have backdoor vulnerability.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pull the WAN plug from your RT-AC86U, remove any USB devices, and then do a full reset. Do not connect any USB storage devices that were used previously unless you have either fully checked them, or ideally, formatted them and wiped them clean.

Power down every device you have (or, don't plug in wired devices and use a completely new/never used SSID) and test thoroughly before powering up your entire network.

You may have each client device infected too, be sure to rid the malware off of those devices too before allowing them to connect to your router, network, and the internet.

What firmware are you running?

How do you know you've been hacked?

The (appropriate) following suggestions may help get your router back.

Fully Reset Router and Network

Best Practice Update/Setup Router/AiMesh Node(s) 2021

This is my very personal idea, I think RT-AC86U seems to share the AUTHENTICATION BYPASS VULATERABILIT of ASUS GT-AC2900 Router.
This vulnerability was fixed in April for the RT-AC86U, same as the GT-AC2900.

Untitled.png

Reactions: SKA
Pull the WAN plug from your RT-AC86U, remove any USB devices, and then do a full reset. Do not connect any USB storage devices that were used previously unless you have either fully checked them, or ideally, formatted them and wiped them clean.

Power down every device you have (or, don't plug in wired devices and use a completely new/never used SSID) and test thoroughly before powering up your entire network.

You may have each client device infected too, be sure to rid the malware off of those devices too before allowing them to connect to your router, network, and the internet.

What firmware are you running?

How do you know you've been hacked?

The (appropriate) following suggestions may help get your router back.

Fully Reset Router and Network

Best Practice Update/Setup Router/AiMesh Node(s) 2021
What firmware are you running? - my firmware version is 386.2_6

How do you know you've been hacked? - I am an artist (image, music, video works). Hackers periodically upload logs for what I am doing on a frequent site. The information uploaded by hackers is unique in the world, and private art works.

You didn't say you were using Merlin's firmware and you didn't post in the Merlin forum so we assumed you're using the Asus firmware.

Then it's unlikely your router has been hacked. It's more likely to be a PC or server on your LAN.
Thank you for answer.

sorry, im using Merlin's firmware.

I can not trust the South Korea's ISP. because the corporations and governments are very corrupt. Can ISP participate in hacking?

Yes.

Reactions: SKA
My personal story.

I made a very very Powerful family angry.

They operate newspapers, first-class universitie, and broadcast channels.

Some of them stalked me.(8 years ago, and at that time my age is 19 yaer old) When I blame them, they began attacking.

I think I should have immigration to foreign countries.

Never stimulate them when a powerful person infringes your freedom. It is very difficult to prove evidence of crime of rich people.

Also do not trust your smartphone security.

Just connect to mobile communications or the Internet, the entire smartphone is hacked. It is not a joke.

Last edited by a moderator:
My RT-AC86U router seems to be hacked by pro hacker. They can monitor what I do through computers in real time.

my merlin firmware version is 386.2_6

I use Windows 10

and I using the Express VPN client on the RT-AC86U router. i'm never allowing remote access to WAN. I do not use WiFi.

Hackers hack my computer With ISP. I don't trust the South Korea's ISP. because korean corporations and governments are very corrupt.

They disconnect the Internet every time they want. (When I enter the computer room, They watch me through the window. and they disconnect the internet. More than 300 times.)

I am an artist (image, music, 3d modeling, craft design, video works). Hackers periodically upload logs for what I am doing on a frequent site. The information uploaded by hackers is unique in the world, and private art works.

The router has set the factory default, but it was useless.

What should I do?

I don't know what router hacking has to do with what you do on your local pc.

1. Work on another PC.
2. If you really think the router is the problem, connect directly to the isp modem or use smartphone tethering.

Your evidence is insufficient to conclude that it is router hacking.
If it were me, I would format the pc.

You think your ISP watch you through the windows?

If they can hack you they wouldn't need to watch through windows. !

귀하의 ISP가 창문을 통해 귀하를 감시한다고 생각하십니까?

그들이 당신을 해킹할 수 있다면 그들은 창문을 통해 볼 필요가 없을 것입니다. !
no they are not just isp. rich and isp.

라우터 해킹이 로컬 PC에서 수행하는 작업과 어떤 관련이 있는지 모르겠습니다.

1. 다른 PC에서 작업합니다.
2. 정말 라우터가 문제라고 생각되면 isp 모뎀에 직접 연결하거나 스마트폰 테더링을 사용하세요.

라우터 해킹이라고 결론짓기에는 증거가 충분하지 않습니다.
저같으면 PC포맷하겠습니다.

You think your ISP watch you through the windows?

If they can hack you they wouldn't need to watch through windows. !
I made a very very Powerful family angry.

They operate first-class newspapers, first-class universitie, hospital and broadcast channels.

Some of them stalked me. (8 years ago, and at that time my age is 19 yaer old) When I blame them, they began attacking.

Is he trolling us? The entire story is very strange.
no this is not a trolling.

1. Work on another PC.
2. If you really think the router is the problem, connect directly to the isp modem or use smartphone tethering.

It is the same on another five PCs.
connect directly to the isp modem - If so, I can not use the VPN client. If I do not use the VPN Client, my Internet traffic can not be protected.

1. Work on another PC.

Also do not trust your smartphone security.

Just connect to mobile communications or the Internet, the entire smartphone is hacked.

They have already hacked the whole smartphone of my family and took control of the camera and microphone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!